Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone - new owner and new to site. I just brought car home ~300 miles. When should I expect to have full power? Any comments on what to expect during break-in period would be appreciated.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You have full power now. You're boost will be predicated on altitude and temperture.

5 miles or 50 starts.

Drive it like you stole it!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Hey Everyone - new owner and new to site. I just brought car home ~300 miles. When should I expect to have full power? Any comments on what to expect during break-in period would be appreciated.

Welcome Doc.You have full boost.Drive it like you stole it and you will see:bandit:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

We need pics!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll work on pictures. It's a black on white vert with no graphics. I guess I need to learn how to drive it - I can't seem to get any movement on boost guage no matter how hard I try.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I'll work on pictures. It's a black on white vert with no graphics. I guess I need to learn how to drive it - I can't seem to get any movement on boost guage no matter how hard I try.
Boost only comes on when you floor it.

Seriously. 1/2 throttle won't bring the boost.

Find a open area, get into 2nd around 25-30mph and floor it - then watch out!

Rinse, repeat and enjoy.

:roller:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
If you are slamming the Go Pedal all the way to the floor and there's still no boost, you may have a problem.

As was suggested previously, go out to a secluded area and let'er rip. If there's still no boost, you may want to drop by a dealership and have them take a look.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Doc--when you floor it, keep your eyes on the road and not the guage ! :roller:

·
Registered
373 Posts
ya... if you floor it you won't need to look at the gauge, you'll hear the whiiiiiiine =D

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Beat what happened at my dealer.

Their "senior tech" whoever that is, took it out, and now I forget, but I think it had 7 miles on it, basically drove it until the boost came on.. They just wanted to hot-rod in my baby under the guise of making sure the boost was active when I picked it up.

TD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts