Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many gallons do our Cars hold. My First fill up was 14 Gallons. That seams mighty little!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Illegal,

My guess would be that it probably has something to do with that big white whale of a truck he drives. :D

·
Registered
642 Posts
Arbour88,

Curious after reading your signature. You're getting an 08 right? Why so long between your deposit date and your order date? One year is a long time. :confused: Is it that you had to wait your turn on the 'list'?

·
Registered
933 Posts
08SCGT500,

That is correct.

In Canada, only SVT dealers can sell the Shelby GT500s, so with approximately 350 cars per year coming to Canada and only 27 SVT dealers, that works out to about 12 to 15 per dealer (depending on market share).

All of the 2007 cars destined for Canada were spoken for long before I submitted my deposit for my 2008. It was only by contacting every SVT dealer in Canada that I found a dealer still accepting deposits for his 2008 allotments. I jumped at the chance without hesitation even though he is 3,000 miles away and knowing that it would be more than a year before taking delivery.

Having said that, I'm number 12 on his list, so I'm most likely going to be receiving my car very late in the year or in the first couple of months of 2008.

My fingers are crossed for an early delivery, but I'm also prepared to wait. :)

FYI - Some members on this forum are looking at their Shelbys as an investment opportunity (which is OK by me, but not my plan - I'm going to drive mine), but if you ask me the most collectible versions will be the Canadian cars as there will only be approximately 1,000 units built over the proposed 3 year build plan. :D

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be driving mine 240 miles the first day and 122 the second day. I haven't even turned the key today! I will tonight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts