Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my Evo fuel rails. No issues with them, just wanted the Fore Precision set, as they are better equipped for my application. Once they arrive ( a day or two), will install next week. PM if interested. I did however grind down the mounting brackets to ensure the injectors stayed straight instead of leaning outward.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Those are nice, but I think I'll be going with the Fore Precision rails too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Join the FORE.... I have them and the fitment is perfect... I test fit them on for Lethal everything is perfect... Haven't driven the car yet so I can't tell if there are leaks but the actual fitment is perfect... You can see my pics posted on "the other site"

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Join the FORE.... I have them and the fitment is perfect... I test fit them on for Lethal everything is perfect... Haven't driven the car yet so I can't tell if there are leaks but the actual fitment is perfect... You can see my pics posted on "the other site"
I did see them, and thanked you for helping with fitment. You don't need to drive to check for leaks though, just put your ignition on (w/o) starting. Fuel system will pressurize. You can inspect during that. Better to know before starting that puppy up and really having fuel all over a running eng. Did you get the metco adapter for stock application of the fuel line, or go with his 2 in 1?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I did see them, and thanked you for helping with fitment. You don't need to drive to check for leaks though, just put your ignition on (w/o) starting. Fuel system will pressurize. You can inspect during that. Better to know before starting that puppy up and really having fuel all over a running eng. Did you get the metco adapter for stock application of the fuel line, or go with his 2 in 1?
I actually have sent these out to be polished so at the moment there is no way of checking but thanks for the tip I will put them on when I get them back and just turn the ignition on.. As far as the Metco adapter if your talking about the adapter that connects the 1 fuel rail to the other then yes I used that..(Be very careful about the way you route the black braided line, make sure that you do it like I did kinda making an upside U that way it takes it far away from the EGR valve.. Jared had major problems when his touched the EGR valve and almost caught fire!!!)... Just a heads up.. The 2-in 1 adapter is for KB boost pump I think.. Since I will be using the stock fuel system I didn't think I would need it at the moment.. I have a TVS coming back from polishing as well.. I will be bringing it up to Justin @ VMP for stage 3 or 4 tuning when I get everything back from the polishers... From the info Justin has posted the stock fuel system is good up till 700 RWHP so I should be OK... If we go over then 72#'s here I come..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts