Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again; in the past I've noticed a strange noise coming from the rear/gas tank area if I move my GT500 in the garage by hand when the battery was low; I now have a battery tender on it when in storage and had to roll it the other day to put the car cover on it and heard that strange sound coming from the rear/gas tank area again. As if the fuel pump or something powered on for maybe 10 secs after I rolled the car back a few feet by hand. Has anyone heard such a thing?

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,595 Posts
My fuel pump makes a crazy noise everytime I update a tune upon completion. I thought it was a dog barking down the street the first upteen times I heard it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My fuel pump makes a crazy noise everytime I update a tune upon completion. I thought it was a dog barking down the street the first upteen times I heard it.
Does yours do so with the engine off ,parked like mine does? if so, at least I'm not the only one.

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,595 Posts
No, it is only associated with tune changes.

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500 Vista Blue/White Stripes
577 Posts
Hello again; in the past I've noticed a strange noise coming from the rear/gas tank area if I move my GT500 in the garage by hand when the battery was low; I now have a battery tender on it when in storage and had to roll it the other day to put the car cover on it and heard that strange sound coming from the rear/gas tank area again. As if the fuel pump or something powered on for maybe 10 secs after I rolled the car back a few feet by hand. Has anyone heard such a thing?
A couple of years ago when the battery in my '07 F-150 was almost dead it made a weird noise for 5 seconds or so near my fuel tank and I was like what the hell is that. It happened a couple of times, but only after I tried to start my truck and the battery did not have enough juice in it to start it. Now that you are mentioning about your fuel pump then that is probably exactly what it was. Since it only did it twice I never tried to figure it out and it hasn't done it since.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, that sounds just like mine. Has done so for many years when the battery was low but I have had a battery tender on it for 3 yrs. now and was surprised to hear it again the other night when I rolled it by hand in the garage. Very strange. Mine will kinda humm/moan for a 10-20 secs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts