Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS 2020 GT500 red painted stripes track pack "golden ticket"

2020+ 
2K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  shelbygt500_897hp 
#1 · (Edited)
The dealership I retired from sorta kinda played a prank on me but really thought I might do it tried to get me to buy a 2020 GT500 Track Pack which was ordered in my Achilles heal, RED and waited to tell me when I came around which I do from time. Today they told me my new 2020 GT500 is on order!!!! Ya right !

If I was still working and not on SS I might consider it but my 07 is paid for and I like it this way.

If you want the "golden ticket" pm me immediately. MSRP is $102, 260 and the dealer is asking for $30,000 over ie bump sticker. Asked the owner who I have known and worked with for over 7 years if there was any flexibility. There is some flexibility.

They have this week to make any changes to the order so act now

Reactions: Goose17
#6 ·
I like my 2019 GT350 more and more each day!! I just couldn't deal with ADM's, but to each his own! Glad Timmy is getting his dream car! We can do the vicarious living thing through him! And after all the work, headaches, aggravation, and final successes your beautiful GT500 has given you, Don, I'd be up for an emergency petition commitment for you if you decided to get the 2020 GT500! 🤣

#7 ·
Mike

The dealership knows me real well. When I was brought on board to run the F/I dept, they had a 2013 Boss 302, yes in red on the showroom floor. It didnt last long before it was in my garage. Than I got the 07 GT500 (my second one) and had that for about a year until a red, 17 GT350 was put on the showroom floor. I saw it, made good money and said" put a sold sign on it, taken her home"
Kept it for a little over a year and was getting the itch to retire. I was just worn out from doing this job for 30 years. Its a grind. Wife said " you can retire when A) your eligible for SS ( at that time 4 mths away) and B) your GT350 is paid off. Now that was a problem since i leverage most of it. It would take some time for me to get that nut cracked and paid off. So I decided to start looking at inexpensive cars that I would still enjoy such as a fox body 87 GT hatchback in mint shape that I once owned. I also looked at 07 GT500's and considered getting my third 07 GT500( my 2nd GT500 was traded in on the 17 GT350 and later sold on our lot).
Than out of nowhere, the gentleman who bought my 07 GT500 called me out of the blue and said "Don , thinking of getting rid of your old car and would you want it back?" HELL YA

This was truly the ideal situation since the GT500 was already heavily modified.

You see, I have this disease called modigiatis. Its a disease that compels me to mod my cars over and over again. The GT500 when I traded it in had FRPP suspension, 14" rear brake up grade, the engine bay pretty much looks like it does now. Go fast parts, in other words tons of mods that the new current owner had no clue was done and upgraded.

So I bought back the 07 GT500 in June of 2018 and got rid of 17 GT350 and in doing so reduce the debt I had to pay off by 2/3rds. On Dec 18th the GT500 was paid for and I retired Dec 31st 2018 :)

#15 ·
You can do a wide range of things with $30k, but if you want a CFTP GT500 now, you will be paying an ADM.

Reactions: dfwspeed
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.