Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone care to compare these two systems?

I expect the overall volume to be pretty similar, with the Bassani being a little louder with their unique note/tone compared to the deeper/smoother Borlas.

Anyone have any video of the regular "street" full size can Bassani axle back?

How about the race? I know they're more like the Stingers/SGT/5GT system...but I think they're a little smoother sounding maybe with a little less volume...but I can't find any sound clips.

Any clips of a car with just the Bassani Street or Race axle backs would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
85 Posts
In my search for the 'perfect sound' to replace the stock GT500 'no sound', I put on a set of Bassani axle-backs. They sounded (yup, past tense) good at most speeds, but the drone at cruise (or adding power to maintain speed up slight hills) was very annoying to me. At or around 60 -70 in sixth, the car was like an echo chamber with the windows up (i.e. in winter or in summer with A/C). Finally replaced them with Corsas. No drone, but less total sound. Sigh. For the record, the Bassanis were preceded by Flowmasters which not only droned, but had an off-key sound that made the car sound to me like it had a head cold.

·
Registered
202 Posts
How do you like the corsas? I hear they have no drone whatsoever- definitely a plus- but how is the exhaust note compared to the stock mufflers?

·
Registered
85 Posts
How do you like the corsas? I hear they have no drone whatsoever- definitely a plus- but how is the exhaust note compared to the stock mufflers?
Generally I like the Corsas. They definitely do not drone. They are louder than stock, but not obnoxiously so. They do 'burble' at idle, and there's a mild popping if you back off quickly. It would be nice if they made just a bit more rumble like the the previous generation Mustangs with aftermarket mufflers. But I am much happier that it is not hard on my ears at cruise since the car spends a lot of its life at those speeds. For the record, I put on the Corsa 'Extremes', but they aren't. I'd hoped the Extreme would be a little edgier / noisier than other Corsas I've heard, but I wouldn't say that it is. The price, however, did make me swallow a bit hard before going through with the purchase.
So, I'm sticking with the Corsas. Still, . . . . . . .

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the outside sound clips I've heard, the Corsa's are def. not for me.

I'll probably give up and try a real "X" with the Bassani regulars...

I have a feeling I want to try the Pypes mid-muffler system with a pair of BoomTubes resonators out back. This would probably be the deepest/smoothest that I keep looking for...I just HATE the fact that it's going to be costly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
From the outside sound clips I've heard, the Corsa's are def. not for me.

I'll probably give up and try a real "X" with the Bassani regulars...

I have a feeling I want to try the Pypes mid-muffler system with a pair of BoomTubes resonators out back. This would probably be the deepest/smoothest that I keep looking for...I just HATE the fact that it's going to be costly.
Amen. When you consider what the materials and labor actually cost for a welded can and the pipe . . . .
I, for one, wish there was a non-polished stainless version to save some coin. I'm quite happy not having a really shiny muffler system peeking out from under the rear end of the valence. Black would be just fine for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts