Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FRPP exhaust tips BLISERING!

This is way to UNcool, had these on only 4 weeks and now they are blistering and flaking off. I thought this was a a quality product:flame: Guess I'll be callin the vender on Monday to see what's up. The first one shows a huge round defect, 2nd is smaller ones under tips and 3rd is the start of new ones. I know this is not too bad compared to other stuff I've read that happens, it's more of what I paid and the quality of the product.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is too weird - with regards to the perfect circles. Which FRPP mufflers are those?
Yes it is strange. The bubbles are perfetly round, then they break apart. At first I thought it was something on the tips until I felt a void in the top layer. These mufflrer tips act like they were coated with a cheap chrome job! The FRPP system is the mild one.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Told you to buy Corsas.

That sucks, don't they have some sort of warranty?

Not sure if any exhaust has a finish warranty.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sorry to hear that your having that problem.. Definitely call the vendor and they will replace those immediately... FRPP is quality stuff it's actually Borla with the FRPP logo.. So as far as quality goes they have very good quality. But as anything else they might have had a bad batch of chroming..I have had mine on for 4 months now and no problems what so ever.. Just my $.02

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I contacted the vender, Lightning Force Perf., They said they have to contact thier supplier, which is a local Ford Dealer( Jeeessse, that could take forever). No response back today. So I call Ford Racing directly and they said right off the defect was probably from grease overspray when they started the chrome process.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I contacted the vender, Lightning Force Perf. and they did not sound to enthused about helping me. They said they have to contact thier supplier, which is a local Ford Dealer( Jeeessse, that could take forever). No response back today. So I call Ford Racing directly and they said right off the defect was probably from grease overspray when they started the chrome process. They wanted me to find out who LFP used as a supplier so Ford Racing can get an RGA( now that's service ). I should have done more reaserch before I ordered from LFP, does anyone else have experience with this vendor?
I've had some issues with LFP. Customer service is not the greatest. It took 4 months to get me a working shop manual DVD. Also, I never could get a pulley puller from them. It was backordered for months. I finally canceled the order, but they still charged my card for the product. I'll avoid them in the future.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I have had my mufflers on 2 years with no issues.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Yes it is strange. The bubbles are perfetly round, then they break apart. At first I thought it was something on the tips until I felt a void in the top layer. These mufflrer tips act like they were coated with a cheap chrome job! The FRPP system is the mild one.
Probably got splashed with something before being chromed. I'm sure Ford Racing (via your supplier) would replace those at no charge.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thought these were advertised as stainless steel tips, but I did think from looking at the photos they looked like chrome plated sheet steel.

Anyone tried the SLP Powerflow axle backs? They look like the round Borla mufflers, but have what appear to be real stainless tips.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Probably got splashed with something before being chromed. I'm sure Ford Racing (via your supplier) would replace those at no charge.
Ford Racing wants to help, but first they want to go through the vendor(LFP). Also the tips are chrome, not SS like I first thought.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Fred ,good to know your not a flake ....ummm I mean your's are not "flaking":simmadown:
Well that would depend on who you ask.:zlurking:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Not true.:bangin: I am just stating they are quality pieces.:flamed:
I know Freddy. You're good people... I don't care what the Prez says about you. :silly:

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LFP came through and are sending me out a new axel-back system. I just needed to be patient with Ford (the rate limiting step). LFP has good customer service, and any intitial impression I had has changed.:cheers: One thing that's still the same is the chrome tips, I thought they were stainless steel:shock:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
LFP came through and are sending me out a new axel-back system. I just needed to be patient with Ford (the rate limiting step). LFP has good customer service, and any intitial impression I had has changed.:cheers: One thing that's still the same is the chrome tips, I thought they were stainless steel:shock:

Glad to hear it is getting resolved.:rocker:

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not resolved yet. Lighteng Force Perf. said they would send out a new set of replacement FRRP mufflers, but after 5-6 weeks I still have not received them. I call about once a week and get the run a round. " Oh they are on back order", " I'll ship them tommorrow", " I think Ford has forgotton about me" (LFP owner talking about his supplier). Honestly I don't think they have ever wanted to replace the defective mufflers. So I guess I am screwed and out of 700 bucks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts