Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
launhing these cars has provin to be a challenge for most, would disconnecting the front sway bar allow the cars nose to poke higher to transfer the weight to the back?
any thoughts on this, is there an easy way to simply disconnect without removing the bar?

TIA
D

·
Registered
412 Posts
launhing these cars has provin to be a challenge for most, would disconnecting the front sway bar allow the cars nose to poke higher to transfer the weight to the back?
any thoughts on this, is there an easy way to simply disconnect without removing the bar?

TIA
D
Yes this will help the car rise some on launch and plus save you some weight. Drag racers have been doing this for years. I did this to my 99 SS camaro and it had no effect on my street driving. :pimp:

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Yes, it will transfer weight far better, but it rolls like a big old hog in mud when you try to go left or right.

Remember, you'll need to use adjustable front struts to not only allow the lift, but to reduce the drop when you shift. Even with a 1-2 speed shift, you're going to have some level of drop unless you've compensated with strut adjustments. Once that occurs, your 2nd gear acceleration will result in spin because you've unloaded your rear tires.

bj

1 - 3 of 3 Posts