Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing out my struts and noticed the sway bar has a second hole which would make a stiffer rate, has any one tried using these holes and if so any improvement on handling?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was changing out my struts and noticed the sway bar has a second hole which would make a stiffer rate, has any one tried using these holes and if so any improvement on handling?
Stiffer front sway bar = more push.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
My FRPP sway bars come w/ 3 holes, I just set it in the middle. Not sure the real difference I would feel either way.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My FRPP sway bars come w/ 3 holes, I just set it in the middle. Not sure the real difference I would feel either way.
Steeda bar is the same - three holes. Mine are about an inch apart. If the distance from the furthest hole ('softest setting') is, say, 14" to the centerline of the bar at the mounts on the frame, then the next hole will increase the stiffness approximately 14/13 (1.0769) or about 7.7%, in the third hole it would be approx 14/12 (1.166) or about 16.7% stiffer than in the first hole. Note - I'm just guessing on the length based on my recollections. These settings would tighten the car up, but whether you'd notice it without a stopwatch, hard to tell. I can tell you that when I put on the larger Steeda rear bar - the GT500-specifc bar - you could tell right away the car was much more neutral and took corners I was very used to at significantly higher speeds while feeling as though the car was actually going slower - less drama, less steering wheel angle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts