Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GT500
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 GT500 that I bought last year with a 3.4L Whipple & engine lowering kit (to fit the stock hood). I've really not gotten a chance to drive it aggressively (really just a few highway 2-4 pulls). I recently was switching out wheels & planning on upgrading the struts/shocks when I noticed that the front swaybar was deleted. I bought a swaybar & endlinks to put on but see now that I need spacers to fit the front swaybar because of the engine lowering kit....

My question is what have others done. I don't have the spacer kit & Whipple doesn't sell just the spacers. Have others just left the front swaybar off or should I source the spacers (somewhere) & put one on. Honestly the car is not going to be tracked but I am the type of person that wants to have my car set up the right way. Thanks in advance

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,658 Posts
I have a 2008 GT500 that I bought last year with a 3.4L Whipple & engine lowering kit (to fit the stock hood). I've really not gotten a chance to drive it aggressively (really just a few highway 2-4 pulls). I recently was switching out wheels & planning on upgrading the struts/shocks when I noticed that the front swaybar was deleted. I bought a swaybar & endlinks to put on but see now that I need spacers to fit the front swaybar because of the engine lowering kit....

My question is what have others done. I don't have the spacer kit & Whipple doesn't sell just the spacers. Have others just left the front swaybar off or should I source the spacers (somewhere) & put one on. Honestly the car is not going to be tracked but I am the type of person that wants to have my car set up the right way. Thanks in advance
Welcome to the forum! A 3.4L Whippled 08 sounds like a BEAST! Hopefully someone has an answer for you. I moved this to our suspension section and tweaked your title to give it more visibility.

On a different note, if you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelby, you'll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
2008 GT500
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone who has the engine lowering kit that has a pic or measurements of the front swaybar spacers?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts