Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting for a '10 blk/blk. It's killing me. In the meantime, was wondering about front plates. Can't find any pics with a '10 and a front license plate. Do the plates block some airflow to the cold air intake? Are they drilled in the front bumper?. I realize people take off the plates for pics. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Don't let the dealer drill the front bumber for the plate. Instead find one of the available brackets that attach in another manor. I carry mine around in my trunk so if I get pulled over I just use the "ops forgot to put it back on after washing or going to car show or whatever" excuse. I can put mine on in a matter of minutes with a philips head screwdriver. I bought mine from HPbyHerman. I don't think he makes them anymore. I am not sure if you would have any fitment issues with the current brackets on your 2010.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad I asked. There's a lot of people who have drilled their bumper. Ouch!

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm waiting for a '10 blk/blk. It's killing me. In the meantime, was wondering about front plates. Can't find any pics with a '10 and a front license plate. Do the plates block some airflow to the cold air intake? Are they drilled in the front bumper?. I realize people take off the plates for pics. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Use the search function on here as there are a couple of guys that fabricated their own or purchased brackets from a vendor a few years back. It's a cheap investment and you don't have to poke holes in your bumper.

Arbour88

·
Registered
235 Posts
http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/pro...=3922&osCsid=e630b4f4f01bc35a0a9f31e771cba318

That one doesnt wsay if it fits a GT500

Do not let them drill holes at all costs. We have the same law here in CA and we just tell the dealers that we will install it. I have had my license plate sitting on my dash of my 01 Cobra for a couple of years with no pull overs so far. Dont have my plates yet on the GT500 so still gonna do the dash thing until I find a suiteable hide away system.

Our law state that the plate must be visible from the front of the car or such. Does not state it has to be on the bumper.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looking for a motorized hide-a-plate for the GT500 still but think it will be too low if coming out from under the splitter.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I've been cited once on my Mach 1. Trooper had something for me I guess. Ever since I've owned my Shelby, not one NYS Trooper, County Sheriff or local patrol has pulled me over. It's a chance I'm willing to take since I think front plates destroy the killer look of the front end.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Here in Texas front plates are mandatory. That said...I don't put them on my sportscars. I will put them on the regular commuters, but not on the "nice" ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got this stainless steel bracket that mounts in factory holes under the front spoiler from trailerrebuilders.com/services

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

You need to tell them not to mount the plate.

I use a retractable front plate from http://www.altecproducts.com/

Then just put it up when I have to. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts