Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Antimatter Blue
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So to preface this, I haven't been pulled over in over 15 years. I never had a front plate on my last mustang and I didn't put one on the '21. The Po-Po was was driving through my neighborhood when I pulled out and he immediately turned on his lights. He asked me how long I've had the car, gave me a warning and let me go. I'm a "one thing wrong" ruins my day kind of tarded and this is certainly one of those things so I came home and parked the car instead of going to find the car meet. lol

Do you guys take the ticket? I can't imagine drilling holes in a $90k car for an $87 ticket.

They just changed the laws here in Virginia where they can't pull people over for minor offenses to stop the "driving while black stuff." So I think they are pulling people overon any technicality. ..Odd because you can have expired Tags and they can't pull you over, lol.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
37,093 Posts
No plates on the front of my Mustangs. I have them on the truck & SUVs though.

You can use the tow hook mount to add a no-drill plate.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
16 Posts
I don’t have plates on the front. It will take several tickets and maybe not even then.
So to preface this, I haven't been pulled over in over 15 years. I never had a front plate on my last mustang and I didn't put one on the '21. The Po-Po was was driving through my neighborhood when I pulled out and he immediately turned on his lights. He asked me how long I've had the car, gave me a warning and let me go. I'm a "one thing wrong" ruins my day kind of tarded and this is certainly one of those things so I came home and parked the car instead of going to find the car meet. lol

Do you guys take the ticket? I can't imagine drilling holes in a $90k car for an $87 ticket.

They just changed the laws here in Virginia where they can't pull people over for minor offenses to stop the "driving while black stuff." So I think they are pulling people overon any technicality. ..Odd because you can have expired Tags and they can't pull you over, lol.
I took this approach: 2020-2021 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (SNS234)
The plates can be removed whenever you like, and there are no modifications required, at least for the base model. They bolt up directly to the factory bolt holes.

·
Registered
63 Posts

CJ Pony Parts sells a stow and show bracket that bolts up underneath that is the " TICKET "

·
Registered
2020 Performance Blue, 1965 Poppy Red 2+2
22 Posts
CJ Pony Parts sells a stow and show bracket that bolts up underneath that is the " TICKET "
Stow and show bracket is great. I had one on my previous GT350 and now have one on my 500. I carry my front plate in the trunk and figure that if I am pulled over and they ask about the front plate, I am just going to say that I was at a show recently and forgot to put it on after the show— just slipped my mind

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
569 Posts
Here’s what I did in Montana, I put my plate up on the dash tucked in between the windshield and dash. If you get pulled over tell the cop your other plate was stolen and you’re waiting for the dealer to get the mount in.

• Love
Reactions: Wolvee

·
Premium Member
2020 gt500 Shadow Black
267 Posts
Here’s what I did in Montana, I put my plate up on the dash tucked in between the windshield and dash. If you get pulled over tell the cop your other plate was stolen and you’re waiting for the dealer to get the mount in.
Don"t embarrass yourself with feeble excuses. Unless the cop is just out of the academy, he or she has most likely heard it many times before.
I will agree however that the frt. plate does ruin the looks of the front end.

·
Registered
Numerous
1,589 Posts
Just pay the ticket, along with any additional ones you get for doing the right thing and NOT installing a front plate, and move along. I will NEVER install a front plate on my fun cars. It's the "law" here in CO but, according to LE friends, it's generally not written-up unless you're pulled over for something else and earn it with your attitude. To date, that matches my experience.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
569 Posts
Don"t embarrass yourself with feeble excuses. Unless the cop is just out of the academy, he or she has most likely heard it many times before.
I will agree however that the frt. plate does ruin the looks of the front end.
Lol worked for me, so it’s wasn’t so feeble.

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,247 Posts
Add me to the list as NEVER will I put a front plate on.

I too am in the state of Washington, where the biggest religion is the Church of Big Government. Even then, only warning ticket received was delivered by a meter maid.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
In my state when you are issued a fix-it ticket you are required to correct the issue and have it signed off by an officer after he determines that it has been corrected. So I would have to install the front plate to have the citation signed off.
I will address this issue if I ever get ticked for it, but I won't be putting a plate on the front of my car.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
37,093 Posts
Just pay the ticket, along with any additional ones you get for doing the right thing and NOT installing a front plate, and move along. I will NEVER install a front plate on my fun cars. It's the "law" here in CO but, according to LE friends, it's generally not written-up unless you're pulled over for something else and earn it with your attitude. To date, that matches my experience.
In my state when you are issued a fix-it ticket you are required to correct the issue and have it signed off by an officer after he determines that it has been corrected. So I would have to install the front plate to have the citation signed off.
I will address this issue if I ever get ticked for it, but I won't be putting a plate on the front of my car.
Guys, please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
4,236 Posts
Front plate sits on the floor behind the driver side seat on a Sto N Sho bracket.
The issue with getting pulled over for any reason, it's an invite to check the entire car..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
37,093 Posts
you can put the front plate on the passenger sun visor and hold it there with 2 rubber bands.
when you drive just put the visor down and you are now legal and it costs a couple of cents to do.
Not sure if it’s all states, but I believe the law is the the plate has to be on the most forward part of the car.

·
Premium Member
2020 gt500 Shadow Black
267 Posts
you can put the front plate on the passenger sun visor and hold it there with 2 rubber bands.
when you drive just put the visor down and you are now legal and it costs a couple of cents to do.
Not every state requires a front and rear tag but in NY, the front plate can be no higher than 48" and no lower than 12" from the ground so unless you're driving a GT40, the sun visor thing may not work, at least here in NY.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts