Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #353

·
Premium Member
2014 Ruby Red Metallic w/White racing stripes
482 Posts
Not sure it is at the level of @Goose17, but had a guy come out to my house and do a touch less wash and paint correction before he put on a sealant and wax or something. Cost me less than the amount to buy the products and tools. Great old fella, has been doing it for 35 years and does personal cars as well as like FedEx trucks ands other semis.

Car looks great and while I can see one or two tiny swirls if I look hard enough ( I had to realize a 6 year old car might not come out flawless, but it is darn close) he did a heck of a job and way better than I could have and very affordable.

Brought his own special water he does stuff to so that you could let it dry in the sun w/o any spots, etc. he did swear by chamois for drying and to be honest it looked great as I have used only microfiber towels on it so far. he talked to mine a lot about those and I learned a ton, which is one of those nerdy things I obsess over. I love seeing people do their craft and learning as a result of it.

Anyway here are his camera phone pics. Oh the white Van (it was near a river, but not down by one) is his mobile service truck, one of three and was filled with all sorts of goodies as well as his Unicorn water.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
Not sure it is at the level of @Goose17, but had a guy come out to my house and do a touch less wash and paint correction before he put on a sealant and wax or something. Cost me less than the amount to buy the products and tools. Great old fella, has been doing it for 35 years and does personal cars as well as like FedEx trucks ands other semis.

Car looks great and while I can see one or two tiny swirls if I look hard enough ( I had to realize a 6 year old car might not come out flawless, but it is darn close) he did a heck of a job and way better than I could have and very affordable.

Brought his own special water he does stuff to so that you could let it dry in the sun w/o any spots, etc. he did swear by chamois for drying and to be honest it looked great as I have used only microfiber towels on it so far. he talked to mine a lot about those and I learned a ton, which is one of those nerdy things I obsess over. I love seeing people do their craft and learning as a result of it.

Anyway here are his camera phone pics. Oh the white Van (it was near a river, but not down by one) is his mobile service truck, one of three and was filled with all sorts of goodies as well as his Unicorn water.

View attachment 200209

View attachment 200211

View attachment 200212

View attachment 200213
Damn Dave! That looks fabulous! :love:

Cars don’t have to be 6 years old to need paint correction. My new 2020 came with a BUNCH of assembly line scratches... mostly on the hood by where the stripes were applied. I had to do a 3-day full paint correction on the car before I took it in for the clear bra. I was shocked... it looked like they slid all over the car at the factory.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Wow that seems strange it would leave the factory that way, but to be honest I have never owned a new car. In fact the ‘14 is the newest (to 2020) year car I have ever owned.

3 days? really? Well then this good ol’ fella did not spend that long, but I’llbe honest I walked out to the garage once and he was laying on the floor motionless. I thought he had died, but he was just looking for spots he missed on one of the rims. blew my mind how detailed he was.

Plus he had about 20+ years on me and I love listening to guys like that who have the salt of the world on them.

Sorry thank you for there compliment. should have started with that. I will be honest, I have never spoiled a car like the Shelby... what’s the line, “And it feels so good!”

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,860 Posts
Not as clean as Dave’s... has not been detailed in awhile.
C27444B5-5B25-4FC4-B92E-42B2860997EC.jpeg

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Not as clean as Dave’s... has not been detailed in awhile.
View attachment 200217
Hey, I take no credit, my newest brother-in-law is loaded and bought a 40th any vette to “Keep up with me” as he upgraded from his Miata. he turned me onto this guy. I don’t even know his last name. Not my brother in law, I do know his, but the guy who did my car was Named Rich. that is allI got.

Anyway, you did your man, I wussed out and hired someone.

Dave

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #359
Front End Friday!

I pulled the 2011 out yesterday for some exercise:

341 - 360 of 365 Posts