Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT500
351 Posts
It's funny you say that about the looks. I get stopped all the time when I'm out with the car. I've had people at traffic light trying to get my attention to ask me about the car. I get random thumbs up from other drivers. When I'm parked somewhere same thing attracts crazy amounts of attention. People seem to love the car. lol
I was asked about having brown wheels once…. 😂

·
Registered
2021 Anti-Matter Metallic Blue GT500
33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 GT500 Magnetic Metallic
43 Posts
I owned a 2015 Challenger Hellcat (and a 2018 Jeep Trackhawk). I bought my 2020 GT500 in part because I liked certain aspects of the Hellcat-family driving experience but didn't like things such as lack of body stiffness, less-than-precise handling, limited traction and similar things that can't easily be tuned-out of the car.

I regard my 500 as a...perfected...Hellcat that addresses all of my dislikes and adds its own unique character. I like my 500 more in every way.

·
Registered
2021 Race Red Shelby GT500
97 Posts
I’ve owned quite a few. The Shelby is by far my fav.
Myself included. I can certainly see why it’s you’re favorite. It’s gota fast fun to drive factor with an easy comfortable livability baked in. I find very few compromises with this car. Fast handles great and comfortable for longer drives. I would say it’s one of my favorites as well. My ctsv is very close as well. I love them both honestly. It has the save characteristics as this car. Which makes it super enjoyable to drive as well. The v a like more refined but fast and the gt500 a liter more race car raw. Awesome in their own ways.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
351 Posts
Myself included. I can certainly see why it’s you’re favorite. It’s gota fast fun to drive factor with an easy comfortable livability baked in. I find very few compromises with this car. Fast handles great and comfortable for longer drives. I would say it’s one of my favorites as well. My ctsv is very close as well. I love them both honestly. It has the save characteristics as this car. Which makes it super enjoyable to drive as well. The v a like more refined but fast and the gt500 a liter more race car raw. Awesome in their own ways.
What year is your V? Love those cars! I had a 1st gen V for a few years. Looking forward to seeing what the new BlackWing brings to the table.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,658 Posts

·
Registered
21 GT500, 19 Z06, 20 Bolt EV
7 Posts
I couldn’t give up my Z06 for a GT500. The Z feels more raw than the stang but doesn’t sound quite as good. I don’t need the extra seats but it’s nice having them. I prefer the looks of the Z but just barely - they both have serious sex appeal IMO. It’s been really tough trying to decide which one to drive to work. First world problems, I know.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
I couldn’t give up my Z06 for a GT500. The Z feels more raw than the stang but doesn’t sound quite as good. I don’t need the extra seats but it’s nice having them. I prefer the looks of the Z but just barely - they both have serious sex appeal IMO. It’s been really tough trying to decide which one to drive to work. First world problems, I know.

That is one helluva pair of performance cars right there! 🤟

Reactions: SSSSLOW and DKnight

·
Super Moderator
5,228 Posts
Mines a 16. A absolutely love the car bro. Z06 in a tux best way to describe it. Full carbon fiber package on this car too. Looks amazing imo View attachment 216362
Gorgeous!!! I think the Vs are fantastic vehicles. Especially the older wagons -- very cool/unique.

Reactions: Savoy2001

·
Registered
2020 GT500
4 Posts
Well I am going to be the one that went from a 2020 GT500 to a 2021 Challenger Super Stock. My GT500 was plagued with quality build issues. The body panel alignment was really bad. Why can't Ford get the rocker molding, quarter panel and rear bumper to all line up around the rear tire? Door handles were misaligned, stripes were crooked and had color issues/spots. Then the rattles in the interior were just awful. Driving the car was awesome with the digital dash, recaro seats and exhaust note. Getting use to the dial rather than a gear shift would have taken some time. Paying over $80K for a car with so may issues drove me to get rid of it. Thankfully a local Ford dealer paid me $3K over the MSRP for the GT500.

IMG_3423.jpg
IMG_3424.jpg

·
Registered
2021 Race Red Shelby GT500
97 Posts
That's seriously too bad bro because the car is awesome when it's right. Mine doesn't have any of those issues thankfully but I totally understand why that would make you miserable. I wouldn't be able to keep the car like that either honestly. Good luck with your challenger. Nice car too.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
351 Posts
Y’all are gonna make me scan body lines now! I looked the car over quickly when I bought it and nothing stood out to me then. Recently with the hood flutter and sticky hood pin I was disappointed in the hood adjustment and not being able to to align it perfectly. I found a decent middle ground (I guess) and have been able to ignore it since.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Well I am going to be the one that went from a 2020 GT500 to a 2021 Challenger Super Stock. My GT500 was plagued with quality build issues. The body panel alignment was really bad. Why can't Ford get the rocker molding, quarter panel and rear bumper to all line up around the rear tire? Door handles were misaligned, stripes were crooked and had color issues/spots. Then the rattles in the interior were just awful. Driving the car was awesome with the digital dash, recaro seats and exhaust note. Getting use to the dial rather than a gear shift would have taken some time. Paying over $80K for a car with so may issues drove me to get rid of it. Thankfully a local Ford dealer paid me $3K over the MSRP for the GT500.

View attachment 217127 View attachment 217128
Sorry you had a bad experience. I hope you enjoy your Challenger!

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Premium Member
608 Posts

love those white stripes!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts