Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

been overbooked on my weekends and haven't washed the car in a while. Washed it last night and found a frigging DENT! Over pass side fender, very small and shallow, no paint damage.

How pissed am I. It IS my DD, so gotta expect some wear and tear but dents! Come on! I can almost imagine the jerks in my sleep putting the dents there..

Anyone had any luck with paintless dent removal?

TD

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had one about 3 inches above my gas cap- guy took it out for 100 bucks -you'd never know that anything was ever there:):):)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I haven't put a dent in a car in several decades, but I managed to hit our garbage can (plastic, out on the street for pick up) while backing out of the driveway last week.

Put a very small dent in the driver's side rear fender. Scratched the paint as well. I was sick about it, and am still mad at myself. Dunno what it'll cost to fix, but I'll have it done in the next two weeks.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I had a dent in my '07 GT/CS in my door panel about the size of a quarter. Would you beleive that it was done by another Mustang owner at a car show.

Paintless repair was amazing and there was no evidence that it ever happened. Highly recommended. If the paint is not damaged you will be fine.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
The paintless dent removal process really works great when done correctly. Most of the guys who know what they are doing can predict how well it will come out before they even start. Although....we can be pretty picky about our cars can't we?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had paintless dent removal and it worked great. (when they were finished I could not--under any lighting conditions--detect where the original dent had been).

The ding was on driver's side rear quarter panel-- approx. in line with the rear 1/4 window but about an inch or two above the horizontal crease. I thought the slight curvature of the sheet metal in that location might make paintless d.r. less than 100% solution, but it looks perfect. One thing that helped is that I did remove the interior plastic trim panel next to the rear seat just back of the door jamb which allowed the paintless dr guy to get at the dent from both outside and in. Charged me only $40 (cousin of a neighbor), I gladly gave him $50.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Would you beleive that it was done by another Mustang owner at a car show.

Paintless repair was amazing and there was no evidence that it ever happened. Highly recommended. If the paint is not damaged you will be fine.
RayMan,
I guess some folks are just "Clueless"!

I am glad to hear the paintless dent removal works; I have a ding on the passenger side of my T-Bird. :pimp:

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
I had a big dent from a bullet (no shit....happened while driving thru Detroit on I75 mid day). It hit right on the edge of the B pillar on my Pontiac. Perfect spot for safety...right between the front door and rear door. But I figured the area would be too strong and narrow for the paintless system to remove it. WRONG! The guy got rid of it totally, and it was a pretty deep dent too. Looked like it came from quite a distance away and was just finally landing somewhere....

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went to a couple local shops today.

One didn't offer this, but gave me a referral.

The other said their guy "might" be able to fix, but he didn't have "all the tools". They then recommended a guy in the next town, who they've reported did a really good job on a couple, but had some others that "looked like S..." But he was happy that he agreed not to charge for the bad ones....

Still lookin around. I'm in Central FL if anyone has a referral.

TD

·
Registered
693 Posts
Went to a couple local shops today.

One didn't offer this, but gave me a referral.

The other said their guy "might" be able to fix, but he didn't have "all the tools". They then recommended a guy in the next town, who they've reported did a really good job on a couple, but had some others that "looked like S..." But he was happy that he agreed not to charge for the bad ones....

Still lookin around. I'm in Central FL if anyone has a referral.

TD
KEEP LOOKING!!! :(

Get a referral from a custom body shop that has a great reputation. Or go to a car show, you should get some good info or referrals there. :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Well,

been overbooked on my weekends and haven't washed the car in a while. Washed it last night and found a frigging DENT! Over pass side fender, very small and shallow, no paint damage.

How pissed am I. It IS my DD, so gotta expect some wear and tear but dents! Come on! I can almost imagine the jerks in my sleep putting the dents there..

Anyone had any luck with paintless dent removal?

TD
I feel your pain Dick, I have acquired one in the leading edge of the right rear wheel area. This sucks!
It is just small enough for me to know it's there......

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I heard from a guy I work with, its his first week on the job, and he get a BIG dent in the same lot I park in while we're working. It's a controlled access lot so not just anyone can park in it. He can't get paintless dent removal, cause it was too deep and damaged the clearcoat - not sure on all the details.

Pisses me off that some jerk-off works same place as me, and doesn't have the friggin' courtesy to own up to their carelessness, whether accidental or not.

I think my friend has a line on which A-hole dinged his car though, and I think he's going to go after them if he can prove it. He may have a case....who knows

TD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts