Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Shelby will be delivered in a few weeks, I want to see what the consensus is.

A free loaner car during service visits is one of the things I was promised by my original salesman eight months ago(!) when I ordered the Shelby. That salesman is no longer working for the dealer.

Of course I hope my Shelby NEVER needs repair beyond routine maintenance, but when it does I don't want to pay for a Taurus rental if I can use the $ instead for cat-backs, etc.:D
Thanks for any replies, any additional comments on the subject would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
My Shelby will be delivered in a few weeks, I want to see what the consensus is.

A free loaner car during service visits is one of the things I was promised by my original salesman eight months ago(!) when I ordered the Shelby. That salesman is no longer working for the dealer.

Of course I hope my Shelby NEVER needs repair beyond routine maintenance, but when it does I don't want to pay for a Taurus rental if I can use the $ instead for cat-backs, etc.:D
Thanks for any replies, any additional comments on the subject would be appreciated.

I have had either shuttle service to and from the dealership(by the dealership) if it is a 1 day project or a free loaner if it is longer.It is in their best interest to do this.Getting new customers is very difficult keeping the ones they have is a must to survive these days.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I was offered what 07 was-

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I was offered what 07 was-

Fee5707,
How's the new ride?It's going to be in the 60's this week!You need to get it out of Buckeye land and bring it up.

·
Registered
373 Posts
i'm bringing it up on wednesday!
I have finals thursday all day, and one on friday- but inbetween finals on thursday i'll be driving it around for sure!! After finals on saturday i'm driving down to oklahoma with a friend for a week. Got roughly 120.8 miles on her as of today! looking forward to drive number 3- and first long drive on the highway!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
i'm bringing it up on wednesday!
I have finals thursday all day, and one on friday- but inbetween finals on thursday i'll be driving it around for sure!! After finals on saturday i'm driving down to oklahoma with a friend for a week. Got roughly 120.8 miles on her as of today! looking forward to drive number 3- and first long drive on the highway!

Good for you.Enjoy the ride.If you are in the neighborhood give me a call.

·
Registered
127 Posts

It was part of the negotiation with the sales manager. I get a free loaner anytime I bring the car in for any reason.....for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health...till..........:)

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Actually...if you can get your hands on ALL the documentation for your car, you'll see that SVT service is (or was supposed to be) part of the deal. All SVT cars got free loaners and a car wash. It was part of the plan. My '03 Cobra had it...all Lightnings did, too. I have a dealer sheet that shows X plan, A plan, etc and it shows how much of the price goes to advertising...the price of the full tank of gas you're supposed to get....everything; and it includes the verbiage about the SVT service.

bj

·
Registered
213 Posts
good call vnmous, my dealer said they would give me a loaner for free as long as i brought it in for service, and this was after the paperwork was done so he wasnt blowing smoke I dont believe.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Guess I'm a lucky guy. Have bought many cars from the same dealer. I get a free loaner everytime I take one in. Doesn't matter, 93 Sable to the Shelby GT 500 and those in between. It does still pay out here in Gods Country. People are still that considerate. Just make sure you put back the gas you use. And all is ROSEY!!!!!!!:D :D :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts