Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GT-500, Vapor
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looks like I waited too late. I have searched everywhere, but nobody has these exhaust systems in stock and AM, Jegs and several others replied back saying this part is now discontinued from Ford! Does anyone know where these might still be available or what exhaust do you guys recommend for a 2008 GT500? I dont want red-neck loud but definitely want her to rumble
Thanks Guys!
TB

·
Registered
2014 Shelby
13 Posts
Hey guys, looks like I waited too late. I have searched everywhere, but nobody has these exhaust systems in stock and AM, Jegs and several others replied back saying this part is now discontinued from Ford! Does anyone know where these might still be available or what exhaust do you guys recommend for a 2008 GT500? I dont want red-neck loud but definitely want her to rumble
Thanks Guys!
TB
take a look at Shelby performance parts.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,838 Posts
Thanks Guys!
TB
For the 07-09, I recommend Roush Extremes... they are excellent with zero drone!

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Registered
2008 GT500 convertible
148 Posts
Thanks Guys!
TB
got them 2 years ago and like them.
apparently not easy to find anymore, not unlike much of the 2007-09 stuff. .
fwiw, these are the same as orig equipment on the kr.
keep an eye on ebay, etc, no real wear and tear on a muffler as long as they are cosmetically fine.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yeah KR mufflers have always been hard to find / finally discontinued. Best sounding for 07-09 IMHO. I have em on both my 500 and GT

·
Registered
2008 GT-500, Vapor
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if the Borla type S is the same as the FR500S. They do appear to be very similar. I wonder if Borla or some other manufacture manufactured these for Ford? If I cant find the FR500S, I am looking at the Roush extremes, both the cat-back and the axle back systems. Does anyone else have a suggestion on a killer GT500 exhaust system. I just dont want a system with drone.
Thanks,
Tony

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,838 Posts
I wonder if the Borla type S is the same as the FR500S. They do appear to be very similar. I wonder if Borla or some other manufacture manufactured these for Ford? If I cant find the FR500S, I am looking at the Roush extremes, both the cat-back and the axle back systems. Does anyone else have a suggestion on a killer GT500 exhaust system. I just dont want a system with drone.
Thanks,
Tony
The best sounding setup is highly dependent on year, which you don’t have listed. Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly.

Borla-S for 11/12 and Roush Extremes for 07-10.

·
Registered
2008 GT-500, Vapor
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, it was listed in the first paragraph... 2008 GT-500
Tony

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,838 Posts
Actually, it was listed in the first paragraph... 2008 GT-500
Tony
When we click on a thread, it takes us to the bottom of the thread. Then we have to scroll to find what year the OP is referring to. It works mucho-betta if everyone has their car year next to their avatar so we instantly know the applicable vehicle year without having to go search for it, which can be on a different page.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts