Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, anyone here have the above item or items installed? just would like some comments on how u like or dislike it.

i had both done and the shifter is short and all but either the trans or the new shifter is very ruff compare to the stock smooth shifting. especially in 1st and 2nd gear. dealer tells me thats how it is, its a racing part.

the cold air is ok, i really don't know if the extra 40hp helps that much since i had it installed right after i got the 500. never light it up before the cold air install. the only thing i regret is that the installer put little nicks and scratches on the console and also seems like he brush either his belt or keys when getting in and out the door panels and got marked up. i never complain because i have to deal with them for the next 5 years soooooo i guess i just have to suck it up.

not to bad mouth ford or any large volume dealerships but they do treat u like a number even though this car is well above $50k. i always do these things myself but fr states that u have to get it install to retain the warranty. well, i know for sure all the maint. stuff i will do myself and not risking them nick or scratch something else next time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You should have complained about the scratches. That's just shoddy workmanship. Paying customers deserve better.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I can say that I have the FRPP KR short throw and it is as smooth as stock.. if not better... I also have the FRPP CAI but I also have the TVS... I am more than happy with both.:cool: . Sorry to hear about the scratches.. I would have brought it to there attention even if your having to deal with them for the next 5 years.. It is your car and you paid for it.. My dealer deals with all the special cars...(GT500's, roush, saleens.etc..) so they pretty much know all the guys that drive these cars take very good care of them and they know how to deal with them... Hope your shifter gets smoother....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry if i wasn't clear on my orig. post. the shifting part it is very direct and gets in to all the gears smooth and clean. its the hess-ing noise while either in 1st or 2nd gear. (not the hess-ing noise from the clutch being release half way). the dealership told me its the transmission. they said the gear roll over sound is not muffled anymore by the other shifter assembly and the car is getting the full experience and also said it may smooth out some over time and use. so hopefully it will be better.

as for the making a complaint to the nicks and scratches on the console and door panels, well, i live in a small town and this dealer is pretty much it. the service dept (advisors, lot techs, managers) are very professional and nice. however i dont get the same feeling on the tech that did the installs. the manager told me he does all the frpp installs since he has the most experience. but he is just a kid to me. when i dropped of the 500 at the service dept., he kept on looking at me and never smile. i dont know if they pay good or not but seems like the techs dont get pay that great. they charge me only $210 for the short shifter and shift knob install but he worked on it from like 10am to 4pm. maybe they dont care much because they spend all day on something like that and only get paid for 1.8 hours of pay on the invoice. i have another german sports car (996) and they treat me like i am family everytime i bring it in for service. oooo well, this is my first ford sports car sooo i'll keep these experiences for future decisions. i know i live in a small town soooo sometime not everybody knows everything up to date especially when we only have just couple of 500 in our area.

thanks for all comments and your .02 cents on the frpp parts.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I took mine to a dealership that I wasn't familiar with and told them up front how I felt about my car and was treated very fairly.
I also never leave my car I stay with it all the time that way I never had a problem.
Art

1 - 5 of 5 Posts