Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you Guy's feel a difference in shift's is the clutch heavy and it is hard to get into third gear, is there alot more play in the shifter then there was with the termy, just asking because I cant decide between a Termy or a GT500. I wanna get one later down the road.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Do you Guy's feel a difference in shift's is the clutch heavy and it is hard to get into third gear, is there alot more play in the shifter then there was with the termy, just asking because I cant decide between a Termy or a GT500. I wanna get one later down the road.

Welcome earthling. :smokin:

bj

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've never owned either, but the GT500 clutch is assisted, so right there you know that the GT500 clutch will be easy to depress vs the terminator clutch.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I had an 03...the stock 03 clutch was a bear...real heavy. The gt500 is lighter, but not "vette" light. Either shifter (03 or gt500) should be replaced as neither are anything special.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The Shelby shifter is nice and tight, with a short throw (compared to a Termie).

The clutch is world's better, and the shifter feels amazing in comparison.

Still... there's always room for improvement!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well today I went to work and, we had the GT500 in the Mechanics Garage so no one touched it over the weekend luckily it was unlocked, I sat in it I felt a huge difference with the clutch and shifter the clutch is just right not heavy, and the shifter you can actually hit 3rd gear with its not notchy at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts