Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The news about car sales in June for Ford (and the other car companies for that matter) were dismal, particularly for SUV's and pickups. What do you think is going to happen with Ford? As GT500 owners and owners of other Ford products, do you think we are in danger of Ford not being around? I hesitate to bring this up, but the numbers really don't look very good.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Where is Iacocca When you need him???

·
Registered
298 Posts
IMO all the car manufacturers are coming into hard times. Especially with the high gas prices. Its going to get worse before it gets better...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Stupid ass greenies started this and before you know it we will be all on foot pulling a little red wagon with all our stuff.
How about the Iraquies allowing us to bid on pumping oil from them. What the he77 is this we go over there and help liberate them and its going to cost us money to get a little oil.
The auto makers have some of this coming to them as they used to squish the little guy who may have had a better idea. Remember the Tucker.
There were also cases where someone had a great idea and the auto makers bought the patent and that way it was never produced. O believe the oil company's had a lot to do with this also. The Al Gores of the world have caused this also no drilling no refineries no development of new technoligy.
Don't let the left get into office or we will all own covered wagons and be left to die in the desert.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Don't let the left get into office or we will all own covered wagons and be left to die in the desert.
You mean like what the right has done????

·
Registered
170 Posts
What has the Democrats done to help us?
After all there are more of them than Republicans.
Now don't get me wrong I am a union man from way back been a Democrat since I was able to vote but the crap that they are spewing out there pie hole dont make sense to me.
It cost 4.50 a gallon and Brock doesn't have a problem with that and by the way he wants to do away with the tax credits George gave us.
Universal health care what the hell is that. Another Program that I will have to fund with my tax dollars. Since when has the Government managed a program that was cost effective please just name one.
How about the Speaker of the house Mrs. Nancy with her San Francisco values. What a loon. I live here and I know she has done nothing since becoming the boss.
Art

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, I think I opened up a can of worms! It is concerning which direction the car companies, other American companies, and the economy in general is going. The situation is complicated with no easy solutions. I just hope they don't shut down the muscle cars as they did in the 70's, but I'm afraid they will. I know this topic may be a little off the beaten path, but it is concerning to me - some similarities to previous energy crisis, except that the demand for oil is much higher now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry to hijack you're thread.
I saw that GM was on there verge of going bankrupt and I can only guess what this will do to the economy. The Government bailed out Chrysler but Ford is in trouble to and I cant think that the Government can bail out everybody.
Art

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No problem. Agree - too many folks to bail out.

·
Registered
271 Posts
ya ... u cant bail them out .... but at the same time ....with the economy where its at ..... if ford and or gm go under ... or file ..... if you think the economy is bad now .... u aint seen nothing yet. I work for a ford store and June sales were the absolute worse ...... it been bad for a while and i agree its going to get worse. THe funny thing about this is ford finally has a good group of cars that have gotten great reviews and are doing well. BUt there car line cant keep them afloat .... its the truck line that makes the big profit for ford

Going to be a interesting 18 mths

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Read an article in the paper tonight that Chrysler was likely to go bankrupt due to higher reliance on truck sales and North American business as compared to GM and Ford. Stated that they thought that GM and Ford would survive with an upturn in 2010. This information was from JP Morgan - not sure how valid this is.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have not heard anyone from Canada complain about their Mother or Father having to sell the family house to pay for medical expenses, that happens here every day. If Canada can do health care effectively, so can we. Good thing about U.S. citizens is we can change and adapt as necessary.
There is no magic pill for our problems and if we expect to come out on top, change is in order.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have not heard anyone from Canada complain about their Mother or Father having to sell the family house to pay for medical expenses, that happens here every day. If Canada can do health care effectively, so can we. Good thing about U.S. citizens is we can change and adapt as necessary.
There is no magic pill for our problems and if we expect to come out on top, change is in order.
They do it so effectively that they come here when they need real health care because they have to wait far too long to be taken care of. Sorry about this but I need to take care of my family. I do not need or want to pay for your family or anyone else for that matter. Government is not the answer, our government has not done one thing effectively. To think all of a sudden they will get something right (and that something is health care) is really not thinking at all. Change is not always a good thing. To say the word over and over again does not make it good.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
They do it so effectively that they come here when they need real health care because they have to wait far too long to be taken care of. Sorry about this but I need to take care of my family. I do not need or want to pay for your family or anyone else for that matter. Government is not the answer, our government has not done one thing effectively. To think all of a sudden they will get something right (and that something is health care) is really not thinking at all. Change is not always a good thing. To say the word over and over again does not make it good.
Sorry, but true.

Living in MN I know MANY "regular" people (ie: not just the rich folks) who resort to coming across the border so that they can see a doctor or have a surgery that they need because they can't wait until a spot opens up in 12-18 months in Canada.

Nothing is perfect, but while we waste a bunch subsidising people who use ER's as their normal healthcare choice instead of using the clinics as they're supposed to, we need to keep the gov't out of taking care of 100% of the healthcare decisions here. Fix Medicare and Medicaid first - don't throw out the entire system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts