Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the shelby down to thunder valley on the new wheels and tires for some baseline passes. My car is stone stock, and still has the paper filter in from ford.

It ran an 11.99 @ 116. I though this was a great #. There was a kb powered car there that was beautiful, and was knocking down 11.4? at 120~122.

What do yall think?

·
Registered
933 Posts
1idjak,

That's a very good time for a stock vehicle.

I don't get your thread title though? Ford VS Buick?

Arbour88

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the fordvsbuick event in Noble OK. Its a big grand national challange they have every year.

Fords won for the third year in a row.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Drag racing in need for speed has been the most difficult kind of racing for me.I can't get it!The tutorial in NFS Most Wanted doesn't really explain how exactly should I use the controls.My uncle says the transmission in DRAG Racing is manual and it's all about timing and shifting gears.
Actually there are few manual transmissions in drag racing. When you get serious about drag racing, you get an automatic transmission or you run a specialized manual trans that you don't shift with a clutch pedal.

·
Registered
547 Posts
If all the conditions (weather, track, driver, car) are perfect or running perfect it is possible.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a timeslip, and a video. The video doesnt show the time, except on the backup run where it ran a 12.0 at 116. I got both timeslips to back up the number of the car, and the car is still stock, I can go take a pic under the hood and in the airbox and under the body or whatever else. I got poo poo'ed for calling it stock and running slicks, so if it makes anyone else feel better, I did run slicks. It never occured to me that slicks suddenly make a car modded, but if it does, then it is, and my car is the slowest modded gt500 in the world.

Ya know the whole point I wanted to make, is only that the gt500 is the real deal factory hotrod, and that ford did a great job.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/1idjak/?action=view&current=heavymetal_0001.flv

·
Registered
547 Posts
Slicks make a huge difference! Years ago when I first started drag racing, I tried on street tires and my Mustang went 13.2 and after slicks 12.6. They're good for around a half second easily.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
All tracks are a little different. Our local track actually runs a little uphill so comparing to other time slips at different tracks makes us look slow.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Don't forget altitude and climate temps are gonna have a big effect on those time slips.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oklahoma doesnt exactly run off into the ocean, but it aint
Colorado either. It was a nice 80 odd degree day. I think I could beat the time if I was in Houston.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got a timeslip, and a video. The video doesnt show the time, except on the backup run where it ran a 12.0 at 116. I got both timeslips to back up the number of the car, and the car is still stock, I can go take a pic under the hood and in the airbox and under the body or whatever else. I got poo poo'ed for calling it stock and running slicks, so if it makes anyone else feel better, I did run slicks. It never occured to me that slicks suddenly make a car modded, but if it does, then it is, and my car is the slowest modded gt500 in the world.

Ya know the whole point I wanted to make, is only that the gt500 is the real deal factory hotrod, and that ford did a great job.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/1idjak/?action=view&current=heavymetal_0001.flv
That video was fun and well done. Can you spill some details on the wheel and tire set-up? Looks great. To me, if you are going drag racing then get some tires. I'm searching for a combination.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
That video was fun and well done. Can you spill some details on the wheel and tire set-up? Looks great. To me, if you are going drag racing then get some tires. I'm searching for a combination.
Its a ccw drag pac. Hoosier Slicks in a 28x10x16. the rear wheels are 16x10, the fronts are a 17 inch wheel that clears the brakes. Not sure on the width or tire size. Give ccw a call.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts