Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford turned me away...? (Won’t swap tires)

2007 - 2014 
2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  JackDeL 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 GT500 that I have had about 7 months, car runs great, but when I bought it I had planned to get the tires and breaks replaced so I had fresh start as the tires had some slight cracking. Well life happened and the tires and breaks got put on hold. when I finally got ready to make an appointment today with my local Ford dealer, for the tires, breaks, and suspension check they told me they couldn't do the tires because the tire machine wasn't BIG enough for the rear tires. Really? seriously? Stock 18's are too big?

I inquired as to who in town had the proper equipment to mount fresh rubber and they recommended a local shop, which is better than nothing I guess. But why can't Ford do it?

What do you guys think? Are they just screwing with me or are they turning me away because I didn't buy the car from them?

I brought my 2001 Mustang Bullitt to them all the time and have had a good relationship with the dealer up until today.

I'm in shock.

Thanks.

#2 ·
I have a 2008 GT500 that I have had about 7 months, car runs great, but when I bought it I had planned to get the tires and breaks replaced so I had fresh start as the tires had some slight cracking. Well life happened and the tires and breaks got put on hold. when I finally got ready to make an appointment today with my local Ford dealer, for the tires, breaks, and suspension check they told me they couldn't do the tires because the tire machine wasn't BIG enough for the rear tires. Really? seriously? Stock 18's are too big?

I inquired as to who in town had the proper equipment to mount fresh rubber and they recommended a local shop, which is better than nothing I guess. But why can't Ford do it?

What do you guys think? Are they just screwing with me or are they turning me away because I didn't buy the car from them?

I brought my 2001 Mustang Bullitt to them all the time and have had a good relationship with the dealer up until today.

I'm in shock.

Thanks.
First off, welcome to the forum! Sorry that dealer wasn’t helping. Are you able to hit a different Ford dealer? Any of them should be able to swap stock size rubber. I’ve heard of denials for putting rubber that is too wide for a rim that is outside of the manufacturer’s recommendations, but I’ve never heard of a dealer denying service with stock size tires. Just to confirm... you are trying to replace your tires with the same size rubber that came on your car from the factory?

As for your brakes, how many miles are on the car? What makes you want to replace brake pads? They usually last a long, long time.

On a different note, you’ll find our new member area here:

#4 ·
First off, welcome to the forum! Sorry that dealer wasn’t helping. Are you able to hit a different Ford dealer? Any of them should be able to swap stock size rubber. I’ve heard of denials for putting rubber that is too wide for a rim that is outside of the manufacturer’s recommendations, but I’ve never heard of a dealer denying service with stock size tires. Just to confirm... you are trying to replace your tires with the same size rubber that came on your car from the factory?

As for your brakes, how many miles are on the car? What makes you want to replace brake pads? They usually last a long, long time.

On a different note, you’ll find our new member area here:

hi Goose17,

Yes I was intending to replace with the same stock tire size. My car is fully stock and had just over 19k miles on it when I bought it. It was a garage queen, but now it's my daily driver. poor thing. lol
As for the brake pads, they did some squeaking at first, which is what made me think of replacing them. the ones I have still have some meat on them so they really aren't "necessary" at the moment.

I will be calling them up tomorrow to get a better explanation, because that just doesn't make sense at all.

Thanks for your reply!

#3 ·
Hmmmmm .... tire machine broken and they don't want to admit it ... or ... machine is TOO OLD and they don't want to shell out for a new machine that can handle larger rims without damage .... my two guesses. (because normally, a dealership won't turn down ANY money-making opportunity !!! ) :)

#8 ·
Location and dealership in question? Having grown up in a small town I've seen some poorly equipped dealerships in my days and you may be falling prey to that situation. If the dealership doesn't sell SVT level cars, they may not have the tools to service them and may not be your best bet for servicing them anyway due to a lack of experience with the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.