Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any forum members in or near the Dallas area, who has had a service experience with a local Ford dealership that they would recommend? I have the airbag recall to get done on my 2008 GT500, plus I'm looking for a place with a service staff that knows how to respect a Shelby. Between regular maintenance and the possibility of needing the clutch/flywheel/transmission replaced per TSB, having access to a high-quality Ford service department is very important to me.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Good to know about Sam Pack's.

I have an excellent relationship with Bob Tomes Ford in McKinney. I've known several of the mechanics/service writers there for 15 years... several of them I consider friends/racing buddies.

I will take my car there if I ever need to and they'll shoot me straight on whether they feel 100% confident they can handle the issue (e.g.: flywheel TSB).

·
Registered
199 Posts
Here is a form that I print out and have them sign when anyone takes my car for anything at all.

The dealership here is so terrible it took 3 days to clean the engine bay after an oil change.

Well you're going to have to PM with an address, the settings are set ridulously low and I can't attach a 100k (yes...k) file. This is hilarious.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've heard good things about Bob Tomes Ford in McKinney also, but do they have experience with Shelby Service ?

How about Bob Utter Ford in Sherman ? I know they are authorized to sell them (they currently have one on their show room floor), but any experience servicing them ?

Thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've heard good things about Bob Tomes Ford in McKinney also, but do they have experience with Shelby Service ?

How about Bob Utter Ford in Sherman ? I know they are authorized to sell them (they currently have one on their show room floor), but any experience servicing them ?

Thanks
I'm sorry to say Ford has made it a little more difficult by dropping all the SVT dealership requirements. So you have to do your research to find a good dealer that has the talent to work on our cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts