·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
375 Posts
Looks like a Volvo. Good job Ford, I’m sure you will sell atleast 50 of these things. Meanwhile everyone else will be buying not this.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a Volvo. Good job Ford, I’m sure you will sell atleast 50 of these things. Meanwhile everyone else will be buying not this.
So, you’ve already made up your mind having not actually seen it or read any data... hmmm...

I like a fire-breathing V8 monster like the rest of them, but I tend to be open minded. We shall see what this thing is when released. Until then, I won’t be jumping to any foregone conclusions.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,093 Posts
To me, Mustang & SUV doesn't sound right..

·
Registered
375 Posts
So, you’ve already made up your mind having not actually seen it or read any data... hmmm...

I like a fire-breathing V8 monster like the rest of them, but I tend to be open minded. We shall see what this thing is when released. Until then, I won’t be jumping to any foregone conclusions.
Maybe it will prove me wrong? The outline looks like some Volvo. Was basing my opinion on that. As far as battery cars go thats a hard no for me. Supporting China and the lithium mines and being tied to the electrical grid is all way too much no bueno for this guy.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe it will prove me wrong? The outline looks like some Volvo. Was basing my opinion on that. As far as battery cars go thats a hard no for me. Supporting China and the lithium mines and being tied to the electrical grid is all way too much no bueno for this guy.
I just got done driving the fire breathing 2020 GT500 BEAST! I love me some V8 powa! I am open minded though when it comes to these new electric vehicles. Kind of like being open minded about the new DCT tranny. I saw first-hand today how this new shiz completely blows away the old shiz!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have an open mind. I just like to keep the golf carts at the golf coarse!

Nice on the 2020. Too bad about the auto tragic. I’m interested in your 1/4 mile ET and trap. The 2.65L blower is a great thing. Not sure if it’s worth a six figure upgrade.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Too bad about the auto tragic.
The transmission is absolutely EPIC! It is the focal point of the magic. I am now a believer and totally HOOKED!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I think this is going to end up looking like an Infiniti FX50, if anyone remembers those, but with some mustang styling cues in the front and rear and electric power. I'd love to daily a full electric vehicle for my litlte 5 mile commute. Just saves more dino juice for the GT350 to burn through in the most epic way possible. We petrol heads need to start considering the fact that the more miles we put on electric cars the more crazy the gasoline powered cars can be and the longer they'll last. I'll gladly do my part and drive an electric car on the weekdays so I can enjoy the GT350 on the weekends and hopefully my daughter one day can still be enjoying internal combustion madness when she turns 60.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just saves more dino juice for the GT350 to burn through in the most epic way possible. We petrol heads need to start considering the fact that the more miles we put on electric cars the more crazy the gasoline powered cars can be and the longer they'll last. I'll gladly do my part and drive an electric car on the weekdays so I can enjoy the GT350 on the weekends and hopefully my daughter one day can still be enjoying internal combustion madness when she turns 60.
Huh? Who sold you this bag of goods? Greta?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
7,844 Posts
Got a 100 empg Nissan Leaf in the garage ... and a 5 mpgd 1979 Peterbilt in the barn .... guess I'm game to go either way .... LOL :ROFLMAO: . Good ol' manual transmissions will always have a spot in an old guys heart ... I enjoy the fact that I can shift from first to fourth or from sixth to second or anywhere my pea-pickin' heart desires. (sometimes from 18 down to 7 ... he - he - he ). For all-out performance, (which I've never striven for .. I'm just a street cruiser), the newer paddle shifted "automatics" are definitely the "time-winners", but some of us will never enjoy a performance car without the feeling of a stick-shift in our hand. Times change ... things change ... ya get old and realize it doesn't really matter .... as they say now, "first-world problem". Glad to see we all still get some choices !!! LOL

To me, the current SUV "craze", is simply the station-wagon "craze" of a different generation ... or, how to fool younger buyers into purchasing an "old-fogey" vehicle ... It's fun to watch the world go 'round ...... o_O

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Huh? Who sold you this bag of goods? Greta?
There's a limited quantity of petroleum. It's a vast amount, but a limited one ultimately. We're certainly burning through it faster than it's regenerating. There's no argument against these facts what-so-ever.

I'm merely saying that I would drive the hell out of an instant torque 4 passenger electric sedan or mustang styled crossover suv for a daily driver. Hell I'd buy a Tesla model 3 performance if the funds present themselves to replace my aging Buick Lucerne daily driver. The less we burn of a finite resource, the longer that resource lasts. So I'm in support of prolonging the availability of fossil fuels by getting the masses off of them. The majority of people treat their Camry's, Altima's, Crossover SUV's, and economy commuters like appliances anyway, so why not make them electric and reduce demand on fossil fuel. Leave the fossil fuel for doing cool shit with like 8,000 rpm redline rips through the canyons, 700+hp smoky burnouts, etc... I certainly don't gain any benefit from it on my daily commute in the Buick and the electric vehicle would be faster. Even with the Northstar V8, it's not like it's makes some soul stirring sound or anything that I'd be missing out on while going 25mph behind kids driving to school.

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Depending on pricing and timing, I'd consider replacing the wife's Edge with all-electric. She works from home a lot now, so I'd maybe drive it on my 45 mile commute as often as possible?

I couldn't get rid of the truck and 500 though. Mav's reasoning is solid.

·
Registered
2011 GT500 SVTPP - Gen 1 TVS, 2.6" pulley, JLT CAI, Borla ATAK
507 Posts
Depending on pricing and timing, I'd consider replacing the wife's Edge with all-electric. She works from home a lot now, so I'd maybe drive it on my 45 mile commute as often as possible?

I couldn't get rid of the truck and 500 though. Mav's reasoning is solid.
For me the truck is what I would actually be willing to replace (Wife can get whatever she wants). From a price standpoint though, I may have to give up the GT500 to afford the new electric truck. First world problems.

·
Premium Member
6,578 Posts
From what limited vision I can glean from that sketch, I'm predicting that the sucker will look pretty damned amazing! For an SUV that is..

I too will approach it with an open mind, because 1. It won't have any negative affect on traditional Mustang sales or traditional Mustang legend/icon, and 2. May well be a dynamite vehicle on its own merits.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
If it truly looks like this, I may have to start doing some serious selling to the wife. I'm afraid to see the price tag though. I 100% do not expect there to be a pony in the grille.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
6,578 Posts
If you think about it, this "Mustang inspired" styling is nothing new, is done by most major manufacturers (choosing a halo car in the lineup, and then using that halo as "inspiration" for everything else in the fold), etc.etc...

The latest Fusion was Mustang inspired, it just happened to drop into production a bit sooner than the Mustang design it was based upon.

Or more adept of a comparison, the new Chevy Blazer is most definitely Camaro-inspired.

I see no need for feathers to be ruffled, in Ford exploiting (cashing-in) on some Mustang styling cues to help other vehicles sell. If anything, it might be the ONLY reason that they've decided to keep the ol' nag around!! (tongue-in-cheek).. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts