Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read that Ford is recalling 470,000 2005-2008 Mustangs for the passenger side air bag.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I just read that Ford is recalling 470,000 2005-2008 Mustangs for the passenger side air bag.

You are correct Sir.Every S 197 Mustang.I think they are lowering the pressure at which it deploys.PCM update

*********************************BAD INFO,SEE MY NEXT POST*****************************

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct. They are going to recalibrate the passenger side air bag to a lower setting

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I assume we should restore the car to stock condition (assuming there have been mods) prior to bringing it in for the recall - in order to avoid warranty scuffles??

TD

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
You are correct Sir.Every S 197 Mustang.I think they are lowering the pressure at which it deploys.PCM update

*********************************BAD INFO,SEE MY NEXT POST*****************************

This is not a PCM update.The dealership will change the RCM(restraint control module).All S 197 Mustangs up till about a month ago will have the recall.

There goes my profit sharing for the year:(

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
This is interesting....

Ford will issue a recall for a problem that has the possibility of occurring only if you crash your car with an unseat-belted "5th percentile female" in the passenger seat, but they will not issue a recall for Shelby transmission failure.

Something is not right here. :rolleyes: :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
This is interesting....

Ford will issue a recall for a problem that has the possibility of occurring only if you crash your car with an unseat-belted "5th percentile female" in the passenger seat, but they will not issue a recall for Shelby transmission failure.

My thoughts exactly!!:mad:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Sounds like an accident occurred...someone might have to get in one for the tranny issue to become a recall...that's usually how it goes.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
This is interesting....

Prez... always

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Took mine in yesterday for the recall on the passenger side air bag - took about 10 minutes. No big deal.
Asked them about the clutch/tranny issue. They said it would have to be having "significant" problems that can be replicated by the mechanic before they would do anything. So far mine is shifting fairly smooth - only notice slight grind when going into 2nd when cold and it is minimal.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Took mine in yesterday for the recall on the passenger side air bag - took about 10 minutes. No big deal.
Asked them about the clutch/tranny issue. They said it would have to be having "significant" problems that can be replicated by the mechanic before they would do anything. So far mine is shifting fairly smooth - only notice slight grind when going into 2nd when cold and it is minimal.
As far as the clutch/tranny issue, just be sure you don't wait too long....12k miles and any clutch problems are on you. This has been a documented problem and if you are an early 07 owner, it should be looked at.
The thought of having driving a car for a year or so and replacing $2400 worth of clutch is ridiculous.

As far as returning it to stock for the airbag issue....yeah, ya better go ahead and rub off all that silver ink that you had put on the airbag door.

·
Registered
125 Posts
As far as returning it to stock for the airbag issue....yeah, ya better go ahead and rub off all that silver ink that you had put on the airbag door.
[/QUOTE]

I think NOT I don't have an extra $200.00 to throw away

·
Registered
175 Posts
I thought the basic warranty is 3 years/36K miles. Why 12K on the clutch?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I thought the basic warranty is 3 years/36K miles. Why 12K on the clutch?
It's a "wear item" - something, like brake pads, that is supposed to wear out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts