·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
Ugh. Sorry to the guys who are in the production queue -- the waiting must be killing you. Hang in there!

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
53 Posts
I feel for everyone impacted by this. I was on unscheduled/material hold since mid July before bailing and purchasing a 2020 GT500 already at a dealership in a nearby state. I struggled with that decision at the time, but in hindsight it was a good move.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel for everyone impacted by this. I was on unscheduled/material hold since mid July before bailing and purchasing a 2020 GT500 already at a dealership in a nearby state. I struggled with that decision at the time, but in hindsight it was a good move.
The whole “bird in hand” thing... nice move!

How have you been liking your new Shelby Jason?

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
The whole “bird in hand” thing... nice move!

How have you been liking your new Shelby Jason?
It’s amazing - everything I hoped for and more. It is off being ceramic coated right now, and is very missed!

I plan to post new pictures after I get it back in a couple days.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Who did you end up using for the ceramic coating?
I ended up going with Pristine Auto Spa. They recently did a 2020 GT500 so I was able to see their work on an extremely similar car. I did look into your recommendation (Clear Bra Indy) and they seemed like a good company.

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
449 Posts
I ended up going with Pristine Auto Spa. They recently did a 2020 GT500 so I was able to see their work on an extremely similar car. I did look into your recommendation (Clear Bra Indy) and they seemed like a good company.
Let me know how they do on your car. It’s always good to be able to refer people to different places. Clear bra indy had just finished up a 2020 GT500 that was blue with white stripes. I asked if it belong to somebody named Jason. They said no, Mark.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I talked to Joe at Clear Bra Indy today and read a lot of great reviews on their work.
I will be using them.
Do you wrap the whole car or just parts?
Lou

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I talked to Joe at Clear Bra Indy today and read a lot of great reviews on their work.
I will be using them.
Do you wrap the whole car or just parts?
Lou
I saw a full body clear bra wrapped then ceramic coated 2020 GT500 (done by Pristine Auto Spa). They did a nice job, but a critical eye can tell it is wrapped in the more detailed places. I believe their Instagram page has pics of the car (I don’t use Instgram so I don’t have a link to share, but I’m sure the more social media inclined could find it).

I think @Goose17 just did the front of his in a clear bra. I decided to do one of the lifetime warranty ceramic pro 9H applications, but no clear bra.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Side note: both Clear Bra Indy and Pristine Auto Spa have great google reviews. Clear Bra’s average is 4.8/5 with 75 reviews, while Pristine’s is 4.9/5 with 84 reviews.

Here’s to hoping I trusted the right place!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think @Goose17 just did the front of his in a clear bra.
I had it done to the front fascia, hood, hood vent, front fenders, mirrors A-pillars and the 1st 10” of the roof. The results were perfect. It wasn’t cheap though at $5400. I will do the same with my CFTP car... video:

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I had it done to the front fascia, hood, hood vent, front fenders, mirrors A-pillars and the 1st 10” of the roof. The results were perfect. It wasn’t cheap though at $5400. I will do the same with my CFTP car... video:

Those results are INSANE! I have to admit, the video appears to be better than what I saw in person from Pristine. I was able to see seams in the area by the headlights and the hood slats; none of that was visible on your car. They did a fantastic job!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those results are INSANE! I have to admit, the video appears to be better than what I saw in person from Pristine. I was able to see seams in the area by the headlights and the hood slats; none of that was visible on your car. They did a fantastic job!
There is a big difference in quality and price between precut patterns and hand-cut work. The shop I went to only does hand-cut work and they normally work on high end cars. They were the most expensive, but the results are fabulous.

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
449 Posts
Clear bra Indy used to use Suntek and expel. When I was in there the other day I noticed they didn’t have any boxes of Suntek around. Looks like they’re just using expel, and I believe it’s all pre-cut. However I am not 100% sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts