Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GT500 on order
280 Posts
Sounds like you guys paid too much for your cars, lol. And what's a Penney more, your old girlfriend?
Actually I have a very aggressive deal worked out I just haven’t posted it.
It is my job to buy my cars as good as I possibly can. It is the dealers job to get as much as they can for their car. If we come to an agreement great, if we can’t I just go home. No harm, no foul.

·
Registered
390 Posts
It is my job to buy my cars as good as I possibly can. It is the dealers job to get as much as they can for their car. If we come to an agreement great, if we can’t I just go home. No harm, no foul.
You should post your deal. Information is key for everyone. Us using your deal as a point of reference is what community is all about! What’s your deal?

·
Registered
154 Posts
What a confusing post, first you say you have an aggressive deal worked out, then you say If we come to an agreement great, if we can’t I just go home. No harm, no foul.so which is it? Deal or NO deal and the only way I would state AGGRESSIVE deal is if I bought it lower than MSRP,lol

·
Registered
2022 GT500 on order
280 Posts
You should post your deal. Information is key for everyone. Us using your deal as a point of reference is what community is all about! What’s your deal?
Here is the some of the story. I have 2 cars ordered. On Nov 12 I ordered a 2022 Hellcat Redeye for Supplier Pricing (equivalent to Fords X-plan) from my former boss who owns the dealership. I just left the dealership today and was told I have a build date of Feb 8 and a ship date of Feb 7- yes I typed that correctly. So most likely that car SHOULD arrive mid Feb.
On Nov 22 I ordered a 2022 GT500. I traded in a 2020 Fusion and a 2021 Scat Pack Challenger that day to the Ford dealer. On my GT500 deal I will not pay tax on the first $67,500. In my county in Ohio that is worth $4400.
As of today I have no solid build or ship information on the GT500. I don’t care what dealer is telling some people when I talk to Ford Performance and my dealer they give me the exact same answer- nothing.
Why order 2 cars? I wanted to make sure I have a toy car for this year. I am not hurting for vehicles I have a 2021 F150 and a 2004 beater Camry,wife has a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
If they both come in I will buy both and/or sell/make a deal on the other. To me there are pluses and minuses for both cars, neither is a bad ride to me 760hp or 797hp hard choices.
I am not getting into the specifics of the GT500 deal I may offer it here IF the car is built and I keep the Redeye. If for some reason the Redeye is never built and the GT500 comes first I will surely keep it.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 on order
280 Posts
What a confusing post, first you say you have an aggressive deal worked out, then you say If we come to an agreement great, if we can’t I just go home. No harm, no foul.so which is it? Deal or NO deal and the only way I would state AGGRESSIVE deal is if I bought it lower than MSRP,lol
I do.
I still stand by that.
I have a deal.
Once again I have a deal- had one since Nov 22. I have to do my due diligence and the dealer has to do theirs.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray with Black Painted Roof
203 Posts
Can you share some of your negotiating tactics please. I just paid a $10k ADM and was ok with that. I looked seriously for about 5 weeks and was prepared to be a cash buyer if needed. I called over 40 dealerships and visited 6 dealerships prepared to buy on the spot. I am a pretty good negotiator and understand that walking out is one of the best tactics. I actually worked at dealerships when I was younger and am familiar with most of their "tactics". I did my research on cars that had been in inventory for over 3 months and I new to try to negotiate directly with the sales manager. I saw zero movement with any dealers and actually had two deals fall through because the sales manager's balked and wanted more money even though the handshake deal was struck. I called to different parts of the country and was prepared to fly and pick up the car the next day after placing a deposit on the spot. I actually travelled to different cities in the course of my job and visited dealerships out of my area in person.

The realistic reasons I have heard from actual owners for MSRP and low ADM deals were as follows:
1. Right place right time and dealer just was not marking up.
2. They knew somebody at the dealership.
3. Long term customers of a Ford dealership who got the special relationship deal.
4. Possibly ordered with an allocation and for whatever reason the dealer did not hit them with excessive ADM.
5. Used a trade in to sweeten the deal or possibly financing through the dealer.

What other negotiating tactics am I missing? I think it is more luck than negotiating skills, but I am willing to learn. I tried dressing down and driving my crappy minivan and also tried driving a new BMW with a Rolex.

When I hear people say they were able to negotiate great deals or "aggressive" deals I am willing to learn. I don't care about the specific deal you got but more the strategy used to get there.
I paid my $10k adm and am pleased as punch with the dealership and Ford.

Reactions: 2112

·
Registered
390 Posts
Either luck or knowing someone. I don’t think there’s anything else to it. So many dealers I called wouldn’t move below $10k ADM. I think some people bragging about msrp deals has a trade they took a bath on. So that’s not really and msrp deal imho. You did everything you could have done with the cards you were dealt. No gain lookin back now. You have the car. Sure wish I did. I cont to wait and don’t know if I will ever get one.

·
Registered
2021 GT500-2.85 griptech pulley/long tube headers/JLT Intake/1050x Injectors
588 Posts
Can you share some of your negotiating tactics please. I just paid a $10k ADM and was ok with that. I looked seriously for about 5 weeks and was prepared to be a cash buyer if needed. I called over 40 dealerships and visited 6 dealerships prepared to buy on the spot. I am a pretty good negotiator and understand that walking out is one of the best tactics. I actually worked at dealerships when I was younger and am familiar with most of their "tactics". I did my research on cars that had been in inventory for over 3 months and I new to try to negotiate directly with the sales manager. I saw zero movement with any dealers and actually had two deals fall through because the sales manager's balked and wanted more money even though the handshake deal was struck. I called to different parts of the country and was prepared to fly and pick up the car the next day after placing a deposit on the spot. I actually travelled to different cities in the course of my job and visited dealerships out of my area in person.

The realistic reasons I have heard from actual owners for MSRP and low ADM deals were as follows:
3. Long term customers of a Ford dealership who got the special relationship deal.
4. Possibly ordered with an allocation and for whatever reason the dealer did not hit them with excessive ADM.
5. Used a trade in to sweeten the deal or possibly financing through the dealer.

What other negotiating tactics am I missing? I think it is more luck than negotiating skills, but I am willing to learn. I tried dressing down and driving my crappy minivan and also tried driving a new BMW with a Rolex.

When I hear people say they were able to negotiate great deals or "aggressive" deals I am willing to learn. I don't care about the specific deal you got but more the strategy used to get there.
I bought a raptor in 2012 for below MSRP and two 2021 gt500’s at MSRP.
Add to your list:

Smaller dealers in rural areas that rely on repeat clients or word of mouth. They typically don’t us adm’s. Those tend to scare the regulars off. I also try to buy on the last two days of the month. Helps everyone get the numbers up.
FYI, no trade on the raptor or first Gt500. I traded the first Gt500 in on the second Gt500 and got $1000 less than MSRP on that trade. Car had 1200 miles on it

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray with Black Painted Roof
203 Posts
Either luck or knowing someone. I don’t think there’s anything else to it. So many dealers I called wouldn’t move below $10k ADM. I think some people bragging about msrp deals has a trade they took a bath on. So that’s not really and msrp deal imho. You did everything you could have done with the cards you were dealt. No gain lookin back now. You have the car. Sure wish I did. I cont to wait and don’t know if I will ever get one.
I think you will get there. The prices might even dip a bit on the 2021s still in inventory when the 2022s hit as long as the supply chain does not become an issue.
Also, not trying to monday morning quarterback my previous purchase. Just looking for insights on future car purchases.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 on order
280 Posts

1- I was in the car business for 20 years.
2- My dad and father-in-law retired from Ford, my mother was management at Ford so my family buys a lot of cars (Z-plan typically).
3- repeat business mostly at the same 2 dealerships- local and smaller Ford and CDJR.
4- hit them lower than you know they will do a deal for hoping to meet at a good middle ground?
5- ask more for the trade then what it is worth, maybe SHOW Vroom,Carvana, GMTHV and hope to get a good trade number?
6- Always be polite, give referrals, GIVE PERFECT SURVEYS.
FYI when I was young I got 20% off of my Rolex and 25% off of my wife’s by buying it at a family jewelry store where the whole dealership went.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts

Unfortunately due to the current auto climate there’s not much you can do to get a “good” deal on these cars. It’s purely a supply and demand issue. The dealer has no incentive to sell a car at msrp when most of them only get 2 (at least the ones I talked to) and they know they’ll get someone locally or online to pay at least $5k over msrp. From what I’ve experienced with this car so far it seems the only thing that will get you close to msrp is doing a lot of business at a particular dealer, knowing someone there personally etc. The best deal I found was $2k over msrp for an order on a non CFTP ( I’m looking for a base) BUT I’ve got a relationship with the commercial team there and expensive vehicle purchases. Still, it wasn’t a guaranteed “come sign today” deal. More like a maybe……

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
42,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Unfortunately due to the current auto climate there’s not much you can do to get a “good” deal on these cars. It’s purely a supply and demand issue. The dealer has no incentive to sell a car at msrp when most of them only get 2 (at least the ones I talked to) and they know they’ll get someone locally or online to pay at least $5k over msrp. From what I’ve experienced with this car so far it seems the only thing that will get you close to msrp is doing a lot of business at a particular dealer, knowing someone there personally etc. The best deal I found was $2k over msrp for an order on a non CFTP ( I’m looking for a base) BUT I’ve got a relationship with the commercial team there and expensive vehicle purchases. Still, it wasn’t a guaranteed “come sign today” deal. More like a maybe……
Welcome to the forum! Do you have one on order? If you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
2022 GT500 on order
280 Posts
Dodge for some reason can build cars whereas Ford can’t? Redeyes are steady showing up at dealers…
They have their issues too but seem for the most part to get it done. They did cancel some late 2021 orders as well. From the Nov 12 order to the claimed Feb 8 build my guesstimate is a 12-14 week turnaround.
As I stated it’s not that I prefer the Redeye to the GT500 is the other way around I ordered 2 cars to make certain I have something.
Font Event Parallel Document Paper

·
Registered
2021 GT500
694 Posts
They have their issues too but seem for the most part to get it done. They did cancel some late 2021 orders as well. From the Nov 12 order to the claimed Feb 8 build my guesstimate is a 12-14 week turnaround.
As I stated it’s not that I prefer the Redeye to the GT500 is the other way around I ordered 2 cars to make certain I have something. View attachment 228277
Im considering a charger redeye, but I already have a DurangoHellcat. Interiors are pretty much identical…..

81 - 100 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.