Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
42,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Does this mean that Ford may make more than 5000 GT500s for 2022? Could it be that Ford is just attempting to gauge the level of interest for the current generation of the GT500?
I have no idea Lou. Everything is hush-hush… just rumors and second hand info.

Reactions: Lou-Stang

·
Premium Member
2020 gt500 Shadow Black
397 Posts
Ford has a huge hit on their hands with the Mustang Mach E! For every one person that balks at it, there are many more that are buyers. I have one on order for the wife. Bottom line is Ford is a for-profit business and they will be making large profits with this new vehicle.
You may be right with the MachE Tim but I haven't seen many on the road. Daughter lives in Scottsdale and Tesla is ubiquitous in the Phoenix area. They reign supreme in numbers to just about everything out there.
I think the Lightning will be the leader in the E-truck segment but with stiff competition. It has a lot of potential when it comes to extending the range.

·
Registered
2022 Base Heritage Edition, Tech and Handling Packages
244 Posts
Be interesting to see what shakes out with all the rumors flying around. I personally don’t believe we will see a larger production run, have a feeling they are going to see how many orders come in and gauge that vs what they can get for the specific components needed. It’s doubtful even with the price tag on these that they are more profitable than other products they produce, likely much less so. With hand built engines and all the specialized components, they are more like technology demonstrators and publicly pieces than huge $ makers. I’m sure they make more $ on an 80k loaded up pickup than a GT500.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
I’m sure they make more $ on an 80k loaded up pickup than a GT500.
Ding! Ding! Ding!

You know how much R&D, tooling, and labor costs have to be wrapped up in even a base GT500 versus an EcoBoost? But then, they can trickle down that R&D/tooling from the 500 to the 350, Mach 1, etc and make up for losses on the 500.

I bet there's nearly zero R&D and Labor cost differences between an XL and Limited F150. Maybe some tooling but likely very minimal.

·
Registered
07 GT500
744 Posts
Ford makes there big money off of trucks. They sell more trucks than all the cars they sell.

·
Registered
2021 GT500
694 Posts
Ford makes there big money off of trucks. They sell more trucks than all the cars they sell.
Yep they do. Like GM, they’re funneling parts to their truck lines as that’s their bread and butter. Ford will not be #2 when it comes to trucks. Billy will be out for blood and make heads roll if that happens.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
BOOO HOOO that Ford doesn't make as much on the Shelby than its trucks...The public didn't decide on what the MSRP was going to be Ford did!
While the general public didn't sit in the development meetings to understand cost and configure payback/ROI based on list price, they do decide the MSRP because the Manufacturer has to have confidence the consumer is going to purchase the product at the price they set. Does Ford no good to set the MSRP at $250,000 and sell 0.

The 500 has brand value that is probably more valuable than any % of profit they may (or may not) make on each car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nick, You're being ridiculous as far as MSRP. Ford created its own problem with not setting a higher MSRP (say 15K) and NOT letting their greedy dealers charge huge ADMs.Think, even with a higher MSRP Ford would still be in a sweet spot as far as performance and bang for the buck go with the SGT-500.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Nick, You're being ridiculous as far as MSRP. Ford created its own problem with not setting a higher MSRP (say 15K) and NOT letting their greedy dealers charge huge ADMs.Think, even with a higher MSRP Ford would still be in a sweet spot as far as performance and bang for the buck go with the SGT-500.
Oky doke.

·
Registered
2022 GRABBER BLUE TRACK PACK
586 Posts
Once again ever notice the ones who cry about ADM and greedy dealers would never sell their house for under 30k of market value.
my own opinion is 30k to 50K over on a GT500 is price gouging. I'm fine with a dealer marking up a couple thousand dollars. I have no issue helping to feed a dealership's employees, just not for 6 months. and I have no problem selling my house at market value.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 on order
280 Posts
my own opinion is 30k to 50K over on a GT500 is price gouging. I'm fine with a dealer marking up a couple thousand dollars. I have no issue helping to feed a dealership's employees, just not for 6 months. and I have no problem selling my house at market value.
whats good me vs what’s good for thee………..I get it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Once again ever notice the ones who cry about ADM and greedy dealers would never sell their house for under 30k of market value.
Another bad analogy, we have 3 homes that have each gone up more than 1 mil from what we bought them for one 2.5mil and that's on a REAL offer. Why would we sell below MARKET value? I am not saying Dealers should sell Below MSRP,just not gouge prospective buyers who will give them a fair price. Just because you have the money to pay 30K over doesn't mean you should.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 on order
280 Posts
Another bad analogy, we have 3 homes that have each gone up more than 1 mil from what we bought them for one 2.5mil and that's on a REAL offer. Why would we sell below MARKET value? I am not saying Dealers should sell Below MSRP,just not gouge prospective buyers who will give them a fair price. Just because you have the money to pay 30K over doesn't mean you should.
The markup from invoice to MSRP on a GT500 is approximately 5% throw in another 2% for holdback.
They should make a law that looks at the housing sales record and you should be allowed to make 7% on your homes, not a Penney more.
Hey it’s your logic.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
The markup from invoice to MSRP on a GT500 is approximately 5% throw in another 2% for holdback.
They should make a law that looks at the housing sales record and you should be allowed to make 7% on your homes, not a Penney more.
Hey it’s your logic.
Selling a house above assessed value at Market = OK
Selling a car above MSRP at Market = Not Ok

Great logic.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2022 GT500 on order
280 Posts
Selling a house above assessed value at Market = OK
Selling a car above MSRP at Market = Not Ok

Great logic.
Buddy I’m all for Capitalism. If you can get 50k over sticker on a car go for it. If you can make 300k on your house great, but don’t tell me you want all the money for your stuff and a dealer is a bad guy for wanting all the money for THEIR PROPERTY.
In the end if you don’t like the price- don’t buy it.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Buddy I’m all for Capitalism. If you can get 50k over sticker on a car go for it. If you can make 300k on your house great, but don’t tell me you want all the money for your stuff and a dealer is a bad guy for wanting all the money for THEIR PROPERTY.
In the end if you don’t like the price- don’t buy it.
I was agreeing with you. 👍

Sounds like you guys paid too much for your cars,lol
I actually got mine for below MSRP, so I was good with that.

Reactions: Germansheperd
61 - 80 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.