Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Assuming this is all true, how are we to understand the 2022 CFTP ordering process?

I was just curious, you seem knowledgeable so i was going to prod you for more details haha :LOL:
Bahaha! I'm flattered?

I have ZERO insight to the actual happenings at FMC. All I can do is extrapolate what I know/understand from our business (well-known consumer goods brand) and scale/reference it to automotive. I doubt it's apples to apples, but I'd assume I'm in the right ballpark... maybe even the infield and not left-center?

• Haha
Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
1,387 Posts
My wife just bought a Toyota Highlander. We went to look at them and they didn't have any but the salesmen (who also sold us our last 4 Fords), told us that he could lock us in on one that is ordered already. They were not listed yet on their website so he printed off the sheets to show us. There was three coming but one was already spoken for. My wife picked one out. Did not pay an ADM but she signed all the papers before the car was even on the lot. She traded in her car but got to drive it until hers arrived. Once it was there they called us and we just went and switched them out. Very interesting sales experience. Apparently they were doing that with a lot of their cars that were on their way to be delivered.
This is how we had to buy a brand new Highlander way back in 2002. None on the lot... very popular vehicle at the time. Ours hadn't arrived from Yokohama on the cargo ship to the West coast yet. We had to buy it sight unseen. Great daily vehicle by the way.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sooo, Would I/ Should I be able to go to any Ford dealer and be able to order a 2022? The few I asked in Utah told me their "Allocation" orders were already spoken for WITH ADMs on them. Kevin

·
Registered
2022 Ordered
16 Posts
I'm working with 2 dealers on my 2022, I have a sales order number with one, the other I am waiting in line. A dealer told me last month he has over 150 real legit orders for Broncos in the cue and Ford is having a hard time ful-filling ones that are heavily optioned, for basic Broncos they get into production in as soon as a week, others loaded with the popular options are still waiting since last July for a production date. So with that said who knows what GT500 production will be like, but since they are built on a special line I think regular (F-150 and Bronco) rules probably dont apply.

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
8,394 Posts
There's no special line. They're build on the same line with the V6, GTs and Mach 1s.

·
Registered
2010 Kona Blue VMP Gen2R
180 Posts
There is a bit of a bubble in the car lending market. You're probably going to see an increase in repos soon. Just wait til some of these people try to trade in and they're severely underwater after not only taking a loan, but grossly paying above the car's value. This is ultimately not good for dealers.
I was thinking that too....I know a few young people that have taken out car loans and their payments are $500-$700 a month (on used vehicles) and they are not making the kind of money they really need to support that type of payment. If they run into any unforeseen issues they will be in trouble and under water. Too risky unless you have savings to rely on and they don't. Very low interest rates makes people take a lot of risk.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The middle of pandemic hysteria with industry wide inventory issues would seem to be the wrong time for Ford to address ADM's or inch closer to Tesla's direct sales business model. However given the likelihood of increased margin on the higher priced Mustangs could it possibly be that Ford is/has considered opening the floodgate on GT500's to maximize the profit on the common components. Assuming you have extra capacity on the GT500 specific components, converting a few thousand 2022 EcoBoosts to GT500's would seem to increase profits. Or if you are an idealist, before the EVs take over the world why not build as many of the highest performance ever ICE Mustang's as possible as a last hurrah...

·
Registered
07 GT500
455 Posts
The middle of pandemic hysteria with industry wide inventory issues would seem to be the wrong time for Ford to address ADM's or inch closer to Tesla's direct sales business model. However given the likelihood of increased margin on the higher priced Mustangs could it possibly be that Ford is/has considered opening the floodgate on GT500's to maximize the profit on the common components. Assuming you have extra capacity on the GT500 specific components, converting a few thousand 2022 EcoBoosts to GT500's would seem to increase profits. Or if you are an idealist, before the EVs take over the world why not build as many of the highest performance ever ICE Mustang's as possible as a last hurrah...
I think Ford has gone full woke. Just look at what they did with the mustang EV. They couldn't come up with a special name. trying to sell a car that most people don't want off the back of Mustangs. Disgraceful at best.

·
Premium Member
2020 gt500 Shadow Black
299 Posts
With the forever increasing CAFE standards, that is highly unlikely.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
1,263 Posts
Sooo, Would I/ Should I be able to go to any Ford dealer and be able to order a 2022? The few I asked in Utah told me their "Allocation" orders were already spoken for WITH ADMs on them. Kevin
Based on recent reports, yes. Unknown if this is just theory/speculation or actual real-world usage and fact at this time.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
1,263 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think Ford could sell a bunch of Golen Ticket Shelbys if you could order OR buy from dealers without the huge ADMs.
Even if dealers sold at sticker or a few grand over MSRP they are still making a decent profit no?

·
Registered
07 GT500
455 Posts
The dealer makes money at sticker on the front end then Ford kicks in some money on the back end that dealers keep a secret. No way do they ever lose money on a car. then they sell you a ESP where they make more money for service. Free oil changes ya right. someone pays for that oil just not the customer.

Reactions: StangGang77

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
38,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I think Ford has gone full woke. Just look at what they did with the mustang EV. They couldn't come up with a special name. trying to sell a car that most people don't want off the back of Mustangs. Disgraceful at best.
Ford has a huge hit on their hands with the Mustang Mach E! For every one person that balks at it, there are many more that are buyers. I have one on order for the wife. Bottom line is Ford is a for-profit business and they will be making large profits with this new vehicle.

Reactions: Ddivinia

·
Registered
2020 GT500, Shadow Black
129 Posts
I was the same way --- never heard of allocation until I went to try and buy a GT500.
ADM I just assumed was a new term for dealer markup, which I had heard before, but it was the first time I wasn't able to find any dealer going below it (at least on my search at the time).
Same here when I went to buy a 2012. The dealer was all out and could not get another one. By luck, they bought another dealership that was closing and in their inventory was exactly the car I tried to order. I cannot believe it was still around. Then again, this was late 2012 and I think everyone was drooling over and waiting on the 650 HP 2013 models. I ended up getting that one with no markup.

The markup on my 2020 was the same as it was on my early order '05 GT so I really did not notice it given the overall price diff on the cars.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
'22 GT500 Heritage on order
15 Posts
Has anyone actually had a dealer confirm that they've been told this by their Ford rep? My dealer's Ford rep still says allocations are coming.

·
Registered
2020 Velocity Blue GT500
65 Posts
From FB. Apparently things are different for 2022. Dealers had a set number of allocations previously
Does this mean that Ford may make more than 5000 GT500s for 2022? Could it be that Ford is just attempting to gauge the level of interest for the current generation of the GT500?

41 - 60 of 105 Posts