Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
38,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From FB. Apparently things are different for 2022. Dealers had a set number of allocations previously.

Font Circle Number Electric blue Screenshot
Font Rectangle Circle Electric blue
Font Electric blue Circle Number Pattern

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
1,263 Posts
Finally, something that makes sense about ordering a car. Should be as easy as going to your dealer, filling out whatever forms there are, putting down a deposit, and then send the order to Ford to be built. Easy peasy.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
38,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally, something that makes sense about ordering a car. Should be as easy as going to your dealer, filling out whatever forms there are, putting down a deposit, and then send the order to Ford to be built. Easy peasy.
Yes, with a caveat… if 10,000 orders get submitted, Ford is not building 10,000 cars.

·
Registered
2021 F150
104 Posts
Except Ford isn’t building them easy peasy.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
1,263 Posts
Yes, with a caveat… if 10,000 orders get submitted, Ford is not building 10,000 cars.
Why not? What business would turn away serious profit?
If they want to limit it, then cut it off at a certain point, but let dealers know that when it happens.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 (Sold) 2021 GT500
114 Posts
I wonder how they are choosing. First come first serve maybe. Maybe that's why the word is that 2021 canceled orders are getting priority.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
1,263 Posts

·
Registered
2021 F150
104 Posts
I’ve been saying for months just because you submitted a request for a car (used to be called an ‘order’) doesn’t mean the car will get built and be delivered to you- or me.

·
Premium Member
2008 GT500 Coupe 2015 Jeep SRT
1,790 Posts
Ford was also building only 1000 KRs... I can see this as a way for them to over produce if the demand and profit is there.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
1,263 Posts
I wonder how they are choosing. First come first serve maybe. Maybe that's why the word is that 2021 canceled orders are getting priority.
Cancelled '21 orders should have already been put back in the system in the order they were taken last year, unless the customer has told them to cancel it.

Reactions: dman1624

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
38,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
1,263 Posts
Ford was also building only 1000 KRs... I can see this as a way for them to over produce if the demand and profit is there.
How many were actually built?
and yes, build them if people want them.

·
Registered
07 GT500
455 Posts
I think this is to stop dealers from getting cars in and sitting on them with huge mark up's
Ford is catching on to what dealers are doing and in return it's giving Ford a bad name. I hear that the Lighting in a big seller with lots of orders but dealers are asking buyers for nonrefundable deposits and now asking for additional money. Ford got wind of this and is not happy. All these ADM's are turning people off on buying a new car. I get it dealers are hurting for money because they have no cars to sell. My dealer has ADM's on everything LOL. I mean every car on the lot not just GT500's

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
1,263 Posts
Never heard of a Pandemic, EPA, CAFE, or EV’s?
How do those things affect a company's building of product, with the obvious exception of lack of parts due to pandemic nonsense?
And we're no longer in a pandemic. It's now an endemic. This is the new normal. The old normal has been erased.

Reactions: The Bone

·
Registered
2014 GT500 (Sold) 2021 GT500
114 Posts
I think its going to come down to how many they CAN build due to all the issues going on. This will hopefully help with customers actually getting a car they want at the price they agree on. Also I agree with this will help from having them just sit at a dealership with a high ADM.

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
8,394 Posts
But true consumer demand will never be a clear picture when dealers are bumping up ADMs and consumers are under the belief dealers can only order X number of cars per MY. What a disaster!

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
1,263 Posts
But true consumer demand will never be a clear picture when dealers are bumping up ADMs and consumers are under the belief dealers can only order X number of cars per MY. What a disaster!
Does the regular car buyer actually know about 'allocations'? I'd never heard of such a thing until it was mentioned here. I woulda simply went to my local dealer and told them I wanted to order one, and woulda been shocked, surprised, and POd if they told me they couldn't. But I haven't ordered a new vehicle in over a decade, so I don't know what the hell is going on at dealers.
ADMs were foreign to me until it was talked about a few years ago over at Team Shelby.

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
1,206 Posts
Does the regular car buyer actually know about 'allocations'? I'd never heard of such a thing until it was mentioned here. I woulda simply went to my local dealer and told them I wanted to order one, and woulda been shocked, surprised, and POd if they told me they couldn't. But I haven't ordered a new vehicle in over a decade, so I don't know what the hell is going on at dealers.
ADMs were foreign to me until it was talked about a few years ago over at Team Shelby.
I was the same way --- never heard of allocation until I went to try and buy a GT500.
ADM I just assumed was a new term for dealer markup, which I had heard before, but it was the first time I wasn't able to find any dealer going below it (at least on my search at the time).

1 - 20 of 105 Posts