Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how change the Ford Logo that appears on the NAVI screen when the radio is off. The reason I ask is beacause I think the new Shelby's have a Snake or Shelby logo that appears on the screen. I saw it in a magazine and it looks nicer then the Ford stock logo...
I guess it might just be a reprogram or somthing....

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Does anyone know how change the Ford Logo that appears on the NAVI screen when the radio is off. The reason I ask is beacause I think the new Shelby's have a Snake or Shelby logo that appears on the screen. I saw it in a magazine and it looks nicer then the Ford stock logo...
I guess it might just be a reprogram or somthing....
I don't know much about the Ford Navi system, but some of the Garmin aftermarket GPS units have software that allows the user to upload pictures to use as wallpaper and some allow the use of little cars instead of the usual arrow to show your location and direction of travel.

Those units have computer connections for updating maps and firmware; I don't think many if any of the OEM units are computer compatible.

You might try a Google search for a Ford Navi forum; they're are forums for just about everything now and most have a wealth of information.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
112 Posts
this guy had a digital speedomoter in his navi how did he get that i try to look for it in my navi but couldint find it

·
Registered
50 Posts
He got a Digital Speedometer because he doesn't have the Ford Navigation unit in his car. Probably a Pioneer unit.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I was at Best Buy yesterday looking at the aftermarket Navi systems. I think I liked the Kenwood best; it uses the Garmin mapset and is fairly easily updated and does not use Navi CDs/DVDs. I think the Pioneer I looked at used two discs (Eastern US & Western US). I think the Kenwood would most likely be PC compatible for routing, etc.

The KVT-614 is a modular system; add what you want/need.

The Excelon DNX9140 has Nav & Blue tooth included, but for a higher price.

Will prob still be a while before I get one, if ever. :pimp:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts