Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Inside Line has the skinny on something that will bring tears to the eyes of many a high-performance enthusiast... the end of SVT as we know it is close at hand. Stephen Cole Smith of Inside Line predicted such a fate for Ford's in-house skunkworks, and on on April 1, 2006 he'll be proven right.

According to Cole, as of this moment SVT's PR/marketing staff, engineering staff, dealer network, press fleet and events trailer (all exclusively dedicated to the division) have been dismantled. The 2007 Shelby Cobra-badged Mustang will be the last vehicle to be developed, start to finish, by the SVT program. If anything, Cole says, we might get a vehicle with an SVT-tuned suspension. Maybe.

RIP SVT

Source: Autoblog

·
Registered
2 Posts
That sux quess we can say good bye to the new lightning that was supposed to be coming out. we currently own an svt focus so i guess we wont be seeing any new versions of them either

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
stangsrule said:
How can this be true if they are making Shelby's in 07,08 , and possibly 09???
I am not sure this is true but it would not affect the Shelby cause it is already engineered.What else do they have to do except minor changes

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

Inside Line has the skinny on something that will bring tears to the eyes of many a high-performance enthusiast... the end of SVT as we know it is close at hand. Stephen Cole Smith of Inside Line predicted such a fate for Ford's in-house skunkworks, and on on April 1, 2006 he'll be proven right.

According to Cole, as of this moment SVT's PR/marketing staff, engineering staff, dealer network, press fleet and events trailer (all exclusively dedicated to the division) have been dismantled. The 2007 Shelby Cobra-badged Mustang will be the last vehicle to be developed, start to finish, by the SVT program. If anything, Cole says, we might get a vehicle with an SVT-tuned suspension. Maybe.

RIP SVT

Source: Autoblog

I think you're right. They have gone to the wayside.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Wow, this is 2 years old.

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts