Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a calll from the Chicago are regional rep about my Shelby GT 500 order.

She told me it would be another 4 to 5 months before I receive it due to backlog.

She told me Ford only builds " 5 " per week. It is virtually a custom built car.

I said that means that they will only build about 250 cars. Her respose was" That is Correct"

I asked about the 68 that have been sold on e-Bay and the 24 that are listed now, as that would equate to more than 5 being built per week.

Her response was she would have to get on e-bay and investigate it.

She said calll the dealer next month for an update.

She said I was lucky to be receiving one in the future.

I said SVT say 7,000-9,000 and she says oh no. We only build 5 per week.

As Abe Lincoln said; "it is better to keep your month closed and have people think you are an idiot , than to open your mouth and heve them know it!!!"

·
Banned
70 Posts
Shelby101 said:
I just received a calll from the Chicago are regional rep about my Shelby GT 500 order.

She told me it would be another 4 to 5 months before I receive it due to backlog.

She told me Ford only builds " 5 " per week. It is virtually a custom built car.

I said that means that they will only build about 250 cars. Her respose was" That is Correct"

I asked about the 68 that have been sold on e-Bay and the 24 that are listed now, as that would equate to more than 5 being built per week.

As Abe Lincoln said; "it is better to keep your month closed and have people think you are an idiot , than to open your mouth and heve them know it!!!"

LOL SHE MUST BE THE REP FOR MY DEALER

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Shelby101 said:

Wow 5 per week,that's why we have so many Shaker 1000's laying around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts