Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2011 GT500 SVTPP - Gen 1 TVS, 2.6" pulley, JLT CAI, Borla ATAK
507 Posts
People who have them seem to love them, from what I have heard.
Can confirm. We had one ~7 years ago and it was a very good vehicle. Absolutely a beast on road trips (way more room than anyone needed, seats like lazy-boys, decent mileage). Our needs just changed and it was too big for the. The wife also got scared of it when she went sliding in the snow (it was bad tires, but she blamed the Flex and wanted something with AWD).

It was also wonderful for projects - you could lay down full sheets of plywood inside, as well as 12' long boards and still close the back!

·
Premium Member
6,580 Posts
My wife drove a 3.5 Ecoboost (which was also AWD by default) Lincoln MKT for a few years, and it was an OUTSTANDING vehicle in all respects. Basically a Ford Flex with Lincoln exterior and interior. And with that Ecoboost, it hauled the mail.. She wouldn't allow me to get a tune for it.. ;)

·
Registered
2014 GT500
367 Posts
We have the 3.5 Ecoboost Flex and it’s been a great car! I just wish they had updated it along the way, I probably would have bought another one.

·
Premium Member
7,845 Posts
Good ol' station wagon for the modern day ... no surprise they're killing it. Looked to buy one myself, but it's really hard to find a vehicle with CLOTH seats, a sunroof, and a decent options package. Why everyone loves leather is beyond me ??? Oh well ... the van looks better parked down by the river anyhoo .... LOL 🤣

·
Premium Member
6,580 Posts
Good ol' station wagon for the modern day ... no surprise they're killing it. Looked to buy one myself, but it's really hard to find a vehicle with CLOTH seats, a sunroof, and a decent options package. Why everyone loves leather is beyond me ??? Oh well ... the van looks better parked down by the river anyhoo .... LOL 🤣
I am with you 100% on the cloth vs. leather debate. Leather SUCKS. It's not as durable, it doesn't breathe (sweaty legs), it doesn't hold you in the seat, it doesn't function for shit other than looking pretty spiffy when it's new.

The most expensive Mustang I ever bought (adjusted for inflation), was my special-order 1997 S351 Supercharged Speedster. I had every single option in the books loaded on that car, including the Torsen diff and magnesium wheels. But the interior? Beautiful and comfortable and cool and indestructible Recaro cloth. You've gotta go to plenty of Mustang shows to find S351's with cloth interior, but mine's one of 'em. :)

From the dawn of carriages, then automobiles, up until around World War II, and gradually morphing throughout the 50's... Way back when, leather was NOT the upholstery material associated with luxury. Leather was "all-weather" cheap upholstery used in open cars (convertibles with no side windows) and in Chauffeur cabins up front. In high-end closed cars, and in the rearward cabins where the "well heeled" sat, you found extravagant fabrics.. Or at bare minimum, wool broadcloth.

It used to be, cloth interior for high end vehicles, and the stinky driver sat on leather... Or if the car was going to get caught out in the rain, leather..

How/why that all got turned upside down I don't understand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts