·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2009 Alloy Metallic Gt500
307 Posts
Leave the vehicle inside where it’s warm, charge the battery, drive slow, and don’t use the heater. Got it, Thanks Ford!! 😂

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
52,809 Posts
Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Magenta

·
Registered
2022 Heritage, CFTP, painted stripes, tech pack
220 Posts
Or just buy a Ford truck with an ICE and enjoy hassle free trips with the heater on full blast. Hey, you can even pull your trailer with your 4 wheeler or snowmobile And still have your heater on full blast. Or you can get stranded and freeze in your $100,000 Lightning. I drove one at the dealership and it’s fast but when the dealer told me the price and that it couldn’t pull or even carry much, I just laughed and walked away. The word “stupid” comes to mind.

·
Premium Member
2014 GT500 Ruby Red
844 Posts
Vehicle heater is one of the most basic features in every vehicle. Vehicles have had heaters since the 20's or 30's? If I remember correctly, I think at some point the Fed's actually mandated all vehicles have one.

I met a guy who used to work as a warranty field rep for Ford. He got called up to AK in the 70's when they were building the pipeline because a bunch of Ford trucks froze up and broke down. He got up there looked at them and said "here's your problem, these are not cold weather prepped." The Oil company brought the trucks with them from TX and none of them were set up from the environment, so they all broke down. Ford needs to "fix' their EV and not give stupid tips, but some folks will be "Ok" and follow through with the stupid.

Telling you not to use it seems like they are going backwards and if you have to give "tips" for better battery life in different climates, I think your product is flawed.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
52,809 Posts
Vehicle heater is one of the most basic features in every vehicle. Vehicles have had heaters since the 20's or 30's? If I remember correctly, I think at some time it was actually mandated by the Feds they have it.

Telling you not to use it seems like they are going backwards and if you have to give "tips" for better performance in different climates, I think your product is flawed.
For a double negative… they are not telling you to not to use the heater. The article is about tips to extend your EV range in cold climates. It’s equivalence to saying if you want to extend your range in an ICE vehicle, don’t use your air conditioning.

My wife has been using her heater, and steering wheel heat in her Mach E GT now that it’s cold. She just be-bops around town though and isn’t looking to stretch the range of her ride.

·
Premium Member
2014 GT500 Ruby Red
844 Posts
For a double negative… they are not telling you to not to use the heater. The article is about tips to extend your EV range in cold climates. It’s equivalence to saying if you want to extend your range in an ICE vehicle, don’t use your air conditioning.

My wife has been using her heater, and steering wheel heat in her Mach E GT now that it’s cold. She just be-bops around town though and isn’t looking to stretch the range of her ride.
Exactly! There is no way I am rolling around not using AC or Heat to save gas or gain range! I did enough rolling around at age 16 in a F250 with only "2x55" AC!

If it has it, I am going to use it!

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly! There is no way I am rolling around not using AC or Heat to save gas or gain range! I did enough rolling around at age 16 in a F250 with only "2x55" AC!

It does say you can use the seat heaters and steering wheel heater to stay warm while savage EPG

Reactions: GT500 The Mistress

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
52,809 Posts

Articles like this give EV haters something to hang their hat on… “Look at this! Ford tells us not to use heat during the winter! Electric vehicles are CRAP!” These type of people already have their minds made up on EVs and seek confirming negative info to strengthen their resolve. Look a few posts up for an example.

It is similar to someone who despises something/anything… let’s say someone who hates Dodge. They google: “Dodge sucks” and they find cases to solidify their opinion.

Same could be said about the DCT equipped 2020+ GT500. There are people who hate it from the get go. They seek out articles like “my transmission is leaking” for proof that the transmission sucks!

I am not an EV-pusher. What I am is open-minded. There are pros and cons of electric vehicles. They are not the tool for every job, but they are a fantastic tool for some jobs.

·
Premium Member
2014 GT500 Ruby Red
844 Posts
It does say you can use the seat heaters and steering wheel heater to stay warm while savage EPG
Yup, great for the driver, everyone else "put you hands in your pockets" assuming the owner paid for passenger and rear heated seats!

·
Premium Member
2014 GT500 Ruby Red
844 Posts
Articles like this give EV haters something to hang their hat on… “Look at this! Ford tells us not to use heat during the winter! Electric vehicles are CRAP!” These type of people already have their minds made up on EVs and seek confirming negative info to strengthen their resolve. Look a few posts up for an example.

It is similar to someone who despises something/anything… let’s say someone who hates Dodge. They google: “Dodge sucks” and they find cases to solidify their opinion.

Same could be said about the DCT equipped 2020+ GT500. There are people who hate it from the get go. They seek out articles like “my transmission is leaking” for proof that the transmission sucks!

I am not an EV-pusher. What I am is open-minded. There are pros and cons of electric vehicles. They are not the tool for every job, but they are a fantastic tool for some jobs.
Exactly, EV haters will cherry pick the data, but Ford is trying to market their EV's to everyone & everywhere even if it doesn't currently work and I call BS on that.

It is like when I was 16 in my F-250 and my buddy tells me to put the tailgate down, "less drag, better mpg."...there is logical conservation and then there is just tin foil hat crap. I worked in a gas station, I wasn't worried about mpg.

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Exactly, EV haters will cherry pick the data, but Ford is trying to market their EV's to everyone & everywhere even if it doesn't currently work and I call BS on that.

It is like when I a 16 in my F-250 and my buddy tells me to put the tailgate down, "less drag, better mpg."...there is logical conservation and then there is just tin foil hat crap.
The key word is market, their vehicles. I can’t blame them for pushing their products. I don’t think anyone on this site has said these are for everyone in every circumstance. I think the opinion has been heavily against EV. They definitely have a use in society, not in my stable. I have neighbors who have them and I couldn’t talk him out of his EV’s if I tried. Not for everyone but definitely for some. I posted it for the discussion not to beat anyone down for how they chose to live.

·
Premium Member
2014 GT500 Ruby Red
844 Posts
The key word is market, their vehicles. I can’t blame them for pushing their products. I don’t think anyone on this site has said these are for everyone in every circumstance. I think the opinion has been heavily against EV. They definitely have a use in society, not in my stable. I have neighbors who have them and I couldn’t talk him out of his EV’s if I tried. Not for everyone but definitely for some. I posted it for the discussion not to beat anyone down for how they chose to live.
I get marketing, but I see this the same as a dealer selling someone a two door, because that is what the dealer has in stock to sell and the person needing a four door. You shouldn't have to have a work around to make the vehicle work for you. I just think it is shady on Fords part.

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I get marketing, but I see this the same as a dealer selling someone a two door, because that is what the dealer has in stock to sell and the person needing a four door. You shouldn't have to have a work around to make the vehicle work for you. I just think it is shady on Fords part.
If I go in to buy a 4 door and leave with a 2 door because that’s all they have… I’m at a minimum gullible or the worst buyer ever 😂😂

I get what you are saying but we the consumer drive the market. If we’re not buying the EV’s then Ford won’t make money building them. I guess an unscrupulous sales person could push someone into buying something they didn’t need but in the end it’s on the buyer.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,861 Posts
What I am is open-minded
Exactly, I am not a big fan of EV's But I do appreciate the Innovation and Technology. I could see myself one day owning one. I mean I am a adrenaline junkie, they do go FASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT o_O :LOL:

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
5,830 Posts
I don’t think a person making negative comments or laughing, in regard to the list that Ford put out, definitively makes that person a hater. That’s a generalization, which isn’t accurate.

I did find some of the listed items pretty funny. For example, I visualized a person trying to wring out max EV mileage up North with the heated seats and steering wheel turned on, but every breath was visible because the temperature inside the cabin was still cold.

Some of the listed items made me chuckle. That shouldn’t bother a current or future EV owner.

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don’t think a person making negative comments or laughing, in regard to the list that Ford put out, definitively makes that person a hater. That’s a generalization, which isn’t accurate.

I did find some of the listed items pretty funny. For example, I visualized a person trying to wring out max EV mileage up North with the heated seats and steering wheel turned on, but every breath was visible because the temperature inside the cabin was still cold.

Some of the listed items made me chuckle. That shouldn’t bother a current or future EV owner.
The whole thing is funny 😂 but EV’s do tend to bring out the hate. I’ve posted a couple EV articles I found interesting and they go south quickly. 😂

1 - 20 of 26 Posts