Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
replace my entire dash because of this defect:

They agreed to replace entire dash and components. I am impressed, because I thought they would blow me off, but I sent them this picture and they agreed that it is a factory dye problem. The dealer service manager said that my dash will never be "stock" again. Saying that there will be more rattles and may not fit perfect like factory. So is it worth it to get a better looking dash?

·
Registered
21 Posts
If they install it right it should be as good as the original no if, ands, or buts about it! I believe also there is some incentive for them to keep the warranty claim work count low.

I say go for it!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
The key is INSTALLING IT RIGHT. You may find issues after the install that are harder to live with than the color defect. Personally, I would live with it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sounds like the dealer doesn't really want to do the work.
As far as original where are is the dealer getting the parts from I guess Ford right.
Get it replaced and you will be happy you did.
Art

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
The key is INSTALLING IT RIGHT. You may find issues after the install that are harder to live with than the color defect. Personally, I would live with it.
Good point. You could end up with all sorts of squeaks and rattles if they don't do it right.

When I had my UCA installed, they had to pull the back seat to get to the mount, and now the back seat squeaks. Just imagine what might happen when replacing the whole dash.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Good point. You could end up with all sorts of squeaks and rattles if they don't do it right.

When I had my UCA installed, they had to pull the back seat to get to the mount, and now the back seat squeaks. Just imagine what might happen when replacing the whole dash.
Sounds like they may not have the seat latched in the front. If you can lift the front of the seat, it's not latched. Push the seat down and back then slide foreward to latch.

Hard to say what I'd do with the dash. Can't see the photo because of the firewall here but, to me, there's nothing more agrievating that a rattle in the dash. Depends on how much the defect bothers you.

Cal

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cooper Ford here in Yukon,OK. is the best for SVT work. While they are replacing the dash(Ford has forked out $$$ for this) they are also going to check on my tranny/clutch and do the TSB if need be. Plus the tech is going to look over my LCA/UCA job and torque down anything I could'nt. All this without a question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts