1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2021 GT500 Rapid Red, 2020 GT350R HEP, 2022 F150 XLT Lightning
81 Posts
I think it is great that a big manufacturing facility is being built in the USA. I have a Lightning and it has been pretty awesome for a daily work vehicle. The pros outweigh the cons for the vehicle in applications I use it for, it has also cut my monthly business auto expenses dramatically. I drive about 800-1000 miles per week about 8 months out of the year (on average) and I have had no issues with charging (mostly at home with 240v charger that came with the vehicle.) This beast pulls like there is nothing there and range only drops about 30% with a GT500 and 1500# trailer behind it. IMO the technology is about to explode in this arena now that Tesla has some competition and other manufacturers trying to get a "leg up" on the competition. Every EV maker has a waiting list, so demand is there, unfortunately the supply chain issues i.e., chip shortage and raw material delivery has affected all automobiles currently and slowed production.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle

Cloud Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Will be interesting to see how automated this plant is. The labor market in that area is not the richest, so they'll either struggle to get good work, ship them in, or make it run lights-out.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base Rapid Red
186 Posts
Labor was one of the things that I was thinking would be a problem. Everyone will want $20/hr min but won't want to do any work. I bet there will be some good engineering jobs there. Hmmmm... I'll show up in my Lightning, pulling my GT500, for the interview and i'll be good to go!

·
Registered
2022 Atlas Blue GT500
106 Posts
Will be interesting to see how automated this plant is. The labor market in that area is not the richest, so they'll either struggle to get good work, ship them in, or make it run lights-out.
You're right about the labor in the area. The state actually had to take the keys away from the baby when they announced the deal. The local town leadership was so backward that the Treasurer of the state of Tennessee had to literally remove them from any duties or responsibilities related to the Blue Oval City. When Ford announced that 6000 high paying jobs were coming some nitwits actually opposed the deal which prompted my response that there aren't 6 high paying jobs there currently. Ford is building a vocational tech center similar to a community college, so they'll get Bubba up to speed. I live in Memphis and am very thankful as it's a huge boost to the economy and infrastructure of the west Tennessee area If you ever went through an assembly plant in the 50'-60's (and even to this day), the workers were mostly from down south (places like Memphis) who migrated up north. The Detroit suburbs are (were) filled with skilled tradesmen that made more money than doctors and lawyers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts