Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Wow...Glad we dont live in NC .. Although probably wont be long before more states catch on to this and follow....

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Virginia already uses all types of cars trucks and SUV.

I've seen Chargers, Tahoes, Expeditions, Sebrings, Crown Vics, etc. etc.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Virginia already uses all types of cars trucks and SUV.

I've seen Chargers, Tahoes, Expeditions, Sebrings, Crown Vics, etc. etc.
Any Minis?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what's it of? my connection sucks and to slow. different police cruisers?
The police near charlotte NC are taking people's cars and using them to chase down street racers. They currently have a blue 03-04 cobra and a blue nissan 350Z. Sneaky!

·
Registered
643 Posts
How can they do this? :confused: Is this legal? I've never had a DUI/DWI, so I can't speak about the legalities involved, but what they're saying is that if I am involved in a serious driving offense (eg. DWI) they can take my Shelby? :mad: I be damned if they do!!!:mad: :D You hear what I'm saying? They aren't taking away my Shelby!:eek:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Glad I am in Ohio. They don't use unmarked cars to monitor traffic!
JJ

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
How can they do this? :confused: Is this legal? I've never had a DUI/DWI, so I can't speak about the legalities involved, but what they're saying is that if I am involved in a serious driving offense (eg. DWI) they can take my Shelby? :mad: I be damned if they do!!!:mad: :D You hear what I'm saying? They aren't taking away my Shelby!:eek:
In CT if you are caught "street racing" they can take your car. Not for driving fast but for actual racing another driver.
The Governer (a woman & republican) is actually looking into getting the long time closed down Connecticut Dragway reopened because there is so much street racing going on and nowhere in the state to do it legally. This would give the young driving enthuisasts a safe place to go. I think it's long overdue but I'm sure it will be an uphill battle for her with all the liberals that run the legislature here.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
In Colorado, they can take your car if you get too many points within a certain period of time. Even if it's just a series of speeding tickets or illegal lane changes. They call it being a "habitual offender."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts