Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Did it eliminate the clutch chatter completely or ???
2. Did it eliminate the gear roll noise when clutch pedal is out in neutral
3. How long did it take dealer to perform work and return car to you.

I have never taken my car in for any service since new but need a few things attended to, air bag, banging noise from shocks ??? also getting a hissing noise when in 2nd at a lower RPM.. not sure what is causing it and a few minor adjustments..
I want to do some mods to car but feel I should take car in 1st and have it checked for TSB eligibility and get the other items checked 1st, car has 1900 miles ..

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Taking mine in on the 18th. I'll let you know when I get it back.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm still waiting on one part (grrrr).

I don't believe it will completely eliminate the clutch chatter as this is normal (as stated in your owners manual, Shelby Supplement).

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just read on Team Shelby where someone had the TSB done and he said it completely eliminated chatter & hissing noise so hopefully when you get yours back it will confirm his findings, I some times wish I had just bought a modified used 2007 at a good price but had read of all the problems they had now it looks like it continued over to the 2008 oh well just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is one of the posts..

After well over a month of waiting, I finally got my car back yesterday after the TSB had been completed. I had a new FRPP shfiter installed at the same time. Between yesterday and today I put on roughly 100 miles and the results are pretty impressive.

The clutch chatter is completely gone. First-second shifts are very smooth with no grinding whatsoever. It also feels as though the car may even have a little extra kick after dumping the clutch from first to second and second to third.

The FRPP shifter was a very nice addition as well. Significantly shorter throws and much more precise. A very noticeable upgrade over stock.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Just picked up mine from the shop today.
After 2 weeks and no 6th gear available (had chipped 5th & 6th gear), I took Grabbers advice and had them put in a new trans, along with the clutch and flywheel. While it was there, they installed the FRPP shifter.
First impressions are:

1) No chatter

2) Doesn't take 2 legs to push the clutch in all the way (mine was getting difficult to push)

3) Clutch is fully disengaged @ 2/3 throw (had to go to the floor prior)

4) I don't hear anymore hissing during clutch engage in neutral

5) FRPP shifter feels great and and is crisp. The new shifter and new trans combo feels tight

I have made arrangements with the dealer for the return my original transmission, although it is in pieces.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
joegaz that sounds good, it looks like TSB will fix the issues, now I have to find a dealer locally that can perform the work and hopefully not put any dents - scratches in car while it is there. I will have them go over car when I drop it off so they can't say it was already scratched ,etc when I brought it in.. hope everything stays working right for you and thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Just picked up mine from the shop today.
After 2 weeks and no 6th gear available (had chipped 5th & 6th gear), I took Grabbers advice and had them put in a new trans, along with the clutch and flywheel. While it was there, they installed the FRPP shifter.
First impressions are:

1) No chatter

2) Doesn't take 2 legs to push the clutch in all the way (mine was getting difficult to push)

3) Clutch is fully disengaged @ 2/3 throw (had to go to the floor prior)

4) I don't hear anymore hissing during clutch engage in neutral

5) FRPP shifter feels great and and is crisp. The new shifter and new trans combo feels tight

I have made arrangements with the dealer for the return my original transmission, although it is in pieces.
Sounds like yours is working just like mine now.

Sweet.

Congrats.:)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Thanks Rob, your help with this was appreciated very much!
joe

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Sounds like yours is working just like mine now.

Sweet.

Congrats.:)
I had the trans replaced with all the new stuff. Clutch lighter (which was odd cause it was already MUCH lighter than my Term). Hiss gone (disappointing; I liked it). No gear rollover for the first 100 miles. Thought that was really bizarre. Then, one day, I let the clutch out in neutral at a stoplight and lo and behold.....gear rollover....as loud as ever. Great! Now I know my baby is OK again!

bj

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I had the trans replaced with all the new stuff. Clutch lighter (which was odd cause it was already MUCH lighter than my Term). Hiss gone (disappointing; I liked it). No gear rollover for the first 100 miles. Thought that was really bizarre. Then, one day, I let the clutch out in neutral at a stoplight and lo and behold.....gear rollover....as loud as ever. Great! Now I know my baby is OK again!

bj
Yep,

I have the gear roll over noise too, but the clutch works great. The car shifts great too. I'm very happy with how it all turned out.

Last week I picked up my original tranny from the dealer. It's totally rebuilt with all new syncros, seals and the input shaft. Full TSB on my core.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I shrink wrapped the box and stuffed it in the corner of my shop for safe keeping.

That's pretty cool!

I wish I had room for something like that in my garage. I have a hard time even finding room for the stuff I've already got in there.

Going to see about that TSB in a week or so. Shelby is still at the shop getting stereo, tinting and radar detector put in. Driving a loaner car and have been spending more time here to help make up for missing the car...

RH

·
Registered
658 Posts
Rob,
That packaging job looks like it came straight from a factory authorized rebuilder. Was that the case or did the dealer do the rebuild?
joe

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Rob,
That packaging job looks like it came straight from a factory authorized rebuilder. Was that the case or did the dealer do the rebuild?
joe
The dealer did the re-build and the box that the tranny is in is the box that my replacement tranny came in. The box was pretty beat up from shipping and the interior supports were made out of cardboard.

So I rebuilt the box by putting a plywood bottom on the inside and outside with some nice wheels on it. I laminated wood on the sides of the cardboard and lined it with foam. I also used some 1X2's on the inside vertically to stiffin the sides so I could cinch down a wood top on the box with cinch straps to close it up tight.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
That's pretty cool!

I wish I had room for something like that in my garage. I have a hard time even finding room for the stuff I've already got in there.

Going to see about that TSB in a week or so. Shelby is still at the shop getting stereo, tinting and radar detector put in. Driving a loaner car and have been spending more time here to help make up for missing the car...

RH
You will enjoy the results of the TSB. Good luck on a speedy repair.:)

When I built my shop, I wanted to make it big enough to hold all my stuff so I did a 30 X 48 shop. It's nice being a carpenter and being able to build stuff myself. I could not afford to hire it out. some day I want to insulate it and sheet rock it.

My original tranny will be safe in it's corner.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The original trannys have the VIN number on the sides of them. I wanted to keep my car "numbers matching". This is importand to me because the the original tranny belongs to my car.

·
Registered
658 Posts
The dealer did the re-build and the box that the tranny is in is the box that my replacement tranny came in. The box was pretty beat up from shipping and the interior supports were made out of cardboard.
So I rebuilt the box by putting a plywood bottom on the inside and outside with some nice wheels on it.

Grabber your eye for detail is second to none! :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Wait... so your dealer got you a new tranny, and gave you your old one back after repair???

How the hell did you swing that? Anything done by a dealer and they have to send back parts to get credited for the TSB in most cases. I'd sure like to be able to keep my original if they have to replace my tranny.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Wait... so your dealer got you a new tranny, and gave you your old one back after repair???

How the hell did you swing that? Anything done by a dealer and they have to send back parts to get credited for the TSB in most cases. I'd sure like to be able to keep my original if they have to replace my tranny.
I had to beg like a dog.:cowsmile:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts