Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a Fomoto oil drain valve (F-106N) on their car and if so, any clearance problems?
Cheers,
Doc

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Looks like a good idea as long as nothing can bounce up and cause it to open?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They offer a 5/8" spring hose clip for added protection.....(double locking)...really not needed.
You can get this clip at your local hardware store for under a $1.00.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I will be putting one on my GT500 on the next oil change. The first one was free by the dealership. I'll do my own from now on. (thanks to the 1/2 qt overfill and the oil over the crossmember even after I asked them to put the correct amount of oil and cover the crossmember)

I have the Fumoto Valve on my F350 diesel pickup (65K miles) , my wife's Explorer (45K) and my beater Camry work car (162K). Never a drop leaked from any of them. The handle is spring loaded and locks into place. No chance of it coming open and it only sticks out 1/2" farther than a stock drain plug. Since our drain plug is on an angle at the back of the pan, it will be 1/4" or so lower. Best $22 you can spend for under the car.

It makes the oil change a breeze. Slide under the car with nothing more than a filter wrench, pan and new filter. You can drain the oil while it's still hot and flowing well to get any crud out of the engine before it settles.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I forgot about the crossmember, I guess this would be a very good idea.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes Sir, sounds like the plan...ordering mine today. Dave, thanks for that extra info....just was worried about the low clearance issue.

·
Registered
861 Posts
You would still need some tubing to prevent the oil from running all over the cross member correct?
The Oil on the Cross Member is from changing the filter, not from the drain plug. I jsut put about 3-4 shop rags over the cross member to absorb the spilt oil. It worked for me.

JJ

·
Registered
301 Posts
Has anyone installed a Fomoto oil drain valve (F-106N) on their car and if so, any clearance problems?
Cheers,
Doc
I have used one on another vehicle. They tend to drain slow. No other complaints. opening valve WILL be intentional. Safety ledge (recess) built in so that you must push back and over to open, also spring loaded.

ILLEGAL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts