Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Meh. Nothing makes my heart jump since the KR exhaust.
Now which KR exaust...it appears there are two types, correct?? a straight through, and a chambered one.

Do you have the link par chance.

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a clip that Flowmaster sent me but i cant get it to down load. If someone can help or give me an email. Then I'll send it to you. It's a video of the new stainless steel mufflers for GT500.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Now which KR exaust...it appears there are two types, correct?? a straight through, and a chambered one.

Do you have the link par chance.

Thanks
There's only one KR exahust, part# M-5230-S. Maybe you're thinking of the Bullitt exhaust, which looks like them.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Great.. Thanks for the post. I heard that flowmaster muffler has been made for 2007 Shelby gt500. But I don't know where can I look for it. these thread helps me alot..:)
Don't get it..sounds like chit, and the quality....well they don't call them crapmaster for nuttin :silly:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Don't get it..sounds like chit, and the quality....well they don't call them crapmaster for nuttin :silly:
No they don't. They sound "OK." You seem like you're biased against them and you're the only one calling them crap so...

·
Registered
639 Posts
No they don't. They sound "OK." You seem like you're biased against them and you're the only one calling them crap so...
They have always put out a sub-par product materials, so I wouldn't trust them to do any different, like B&M products

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I elected to go with Flowmasters on my GT500 based on my "trial and error" exhaust experience with my 07 Mustang GT as followed: 1) Flowmaster A/T- liked them but wanted louder..., 2) SLP Loudmouths- too loud, too much drone..., 3) FRPP (Borla) Stingers- sound that I was seeking, painful drone..., 4) Corsa Sports- not loud enough, no drone..., 5) Back to Flowmasters- compromised the loudness with a throaty tone and minimal drone. Expensive experiment and I ended up where I started.

Fast forward to the GT500. I was close to pulling the trigger on the KRs, but I personally didn’t care for the tips. My second choice was the proven Flowmaster A/T (17410), but I really didn’t like the idea of installing aluminized mufflers on a “higher-end” car... and then I discovered the Flowmasters A/T (817410) 409 stainless steel (yeah, I know that they’ll eventually rust) with 309 stainless steel 4" rolled tips (that fill in the valance cut-outs perfectly).

I wasn’t concerned about the cost, If I would have liked the Corsas, I would have went in that direct. I was going to go with the Roush cat-back, but only wanted axle backs for now. Maybe down the road I’ll go with headers... cat deletes... who knows.

Conclusion: Exhaust is probably the most controversial and debated mod for the S197s. Everybody has a sound in their head of what their exhaust should sound like... for me, for now... it’s Flowmasters... maybe... I think...

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/s...odel=SHELBY GT500&engine=V8&submit=Search Now

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have to agree with daddy's gt, they give to much roar inside the car too. Never have liked flows.
I finish installing my Flowmasters for my 2010 GT500. The notch was off, so I made two new notches and they sound great. Better than stock mufflers. Easy install and good sound for the money, Part No: 17410
2005 - 2010 Ford Mustang GT only $290 at LM PERFORMANCE

·
Registered
76 Posts
Steel what are you talking about when you speak of drone? They car I am getting already has Borla on it.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Steel what are you talking about when you speak of drone? They car I am getting already has Borla on it.
... just saw this response. If you have the car by now, then you probably now know what drone is...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Steel town has a great description of what everyone seems to go through. plus the name steel town stang is pretty sweet. Exhaust is different with everyone and everyone seems to swear by what they have. It is the same way when you talk about carbs for the older motors. I think that finding the exhaust that you like is the most important as long as your happy with the sound of your car, then who cares what others think. Personally, I can not stand a deep drone, so any exhaust that can keep that out of my car is a winner in my book.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
... definitely would like louder, but not at the sacrifice of painful drone. The problem with the newer Stangs (05+) is that the mufflers are located at the rear of the car, which generates more interior resonation. Some of this can be minimized by insulating the trunk area with Dynomat, or equivalent.

My 87 5.0 had a Flowmaster set-up that sounded a lot better and was twice as loud. Yes there was some resonation, but it wasn’t painful... I was a lot younger then, so maybe age has something to do with drone tolerance...lol. Actually, I never heard of the word “drone” until 2006 when I purchased my 07 GT.

I'm still eyeballing the KRs... If only they had the 4" tips...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts