Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kona Blue Shelby GT500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a low profile heavy duty (don't want the cheapest option if I'm going to be under the car) rolling floor jack. The other variable other than it working with the GT500 is I have swisstrax floors so jacks with tiny wheels could damage the floor....

thanks
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,412 Posts
Looking for a low profile heavy duty (don't want the cheapest option if I'm going to be under the car) rolling floor jack. The other variable other than it working with the GT500 is I have swisstrax floors so jacks with tiny wheels could damage the floor....

thanks View attachment 235552
Moved your post here to our garage section. If you plan to use the pinch welds, you’ll need a long reach/low profile jack to get past the side aero bits. The alternative is to put the car up on little ramps before jacking, which is the setup I do.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
423 Posts
I currently use a HarborFreight 3 ton jack it’s low profile enough to get to a couple jacking locations on my GT500. I also installed the Steeda jacking rails so when I eventually buy the QuickJack 7000TLX I can just set, jack up and simplify the whole process. I’m sure you’ve seen this before but it’s handy in the Shelby folder on my phone. X=Jack location O=Jack stand locations.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Light

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,412 Posts
I currently use a HarborFreight 3 ton jack it’s low profile enough to get to a couple jacking locations on my GT500. I also installed the Steeda jacking rails so when I eventually buy the QuickJack 7000TLX I can just set, jack up and simplify the whole process. I’m sure you’ve seen this before but it’s handy in the Shelby folder on my phone. X=Jack location O=Jack stand locations.
View attachment 235560
That’s not a GT500 bottom… it’s similar, but different. The biggest difference is the large close-out panel on the front.

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
423 Posts
That’s not a GT500 bottom… it’s similar, but different. The biggest difference is the large close-out panel on the front.
Correct when I was searching for something calling out jacking points that’s the only one I found. It helped enough for me to get the jacking rails installed and now I exclusively use them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 235560
Thanks I might be the outcast here but I just got the Steeda jacking rails and I didn't like them. They don't run all the way back to where ford recommends lifting the car. I have the ZL1 add on's pucks now and they work great for my quickjack 7000 but I need a floor jack for those days that I don't want to set up the quickjacks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Moved your post here to our garage section. If you plan to use the pinch welds, you’ll need a long reach/low profile jack to get past the side aero bits. The alternative is to put the car up on little ramps before jacking, which is the setup I do.
thanks goose ...I've watched that video. Love the idea but just want something quicker for wheel swaps, inspections etc. Quickjack is my go to for more maintenance until I can build a bigger garage like yours.

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,808 Posts
I use a lightweight craftsman aluminum low profile jack for a lot of my work, but if needed I also have a Pittsburgh (harbor freight) ultra low and ultra long reach jack as well. Weighs about 3x as much, but it works awesome.

Reactions: GT500FREAK

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
8,767 Posts
You might look into the Race Ramp's Trak-Jax too. I went this route instead of a low-profile floor jack.

Aren't those Vyper chairs great?

·
Premium Member
2009 SHELBY GT500KR
217 Posts
I 2nd the vote for the Schwaben long, low-profile jack. I use it on my GT500 with the ZL1 addon adapter and it's awesome. I've jacked up the car a bunch with this setup, and about the best I've had. Here's a review video I made on the jack to see. It's usually reasonable priced. I got mine from ECS tuning a couple of years ago and it included free shipping.

·
Registered
2021 gt 500
97 Posts
Thanks I might be the outcast here but I just got the Steeda jacking rails and I didn't like them. They don't run all the way back to where ford recommends lifting the car. I have the ZL1 add on's pucks now and they work great for my quickjack 7000 but I need a floor jack for those days that I don't want to set up the quickjacks.
I installed them on mine. Had no problems. Made it so easy to jack up the entire side of the car.

·
Premium Member
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP Carbonized Grey “In Production”
228 Posts
Has anyone tried the steeda low profile jacking rails along with the quickjack system? Wondering about ground clearance.
Give me about 3 weeks and I’ll answer that for you. Already have the Steeda low profile jacking rails. The 7000TXL is on its way. My car finishes build this coming week and expected ETA is 2nd week of June. Very first thing I’m doing is installing ceramic brakes, so I’ll put it to the test.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500, CFTP, oxford white, blue stripes
26 Posts
Give me about 3 weeks and I’ll answer that for you. Already have the Steeda low profile jacking rails. The 7000TXL is on its way. My car finishes build this coming week and expected ETA is 2nd week of June. Very first thing I’m doing is installing ceramic brakes, so I’ll put it to the test.
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing this all come together!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts