Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you jack the vehicle up by the rear diff? I seem to recall reading not to do it. I've done it on all my other mustangs but dont want to run into issues.

If not, why?

This has also got me thinking about the dimples some are seeing high up on the rear quarter. I've got one on the drivers side and would rather jack the car from a central point to put the jack stands under.

Cheers
Drew

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
The owner's manual says not to jack it by the diff.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
can you jack the vehicle up by the rear diff? I seem to recall reading not to do it. I've done it on all my other mustangs but dont want to run into issues.

If not, why?

This has also got me thinking about the dimples some are seeing high up on the rear quarter. I've got one on the drivers side and would rather jack the car from a central point to put the jack stands under.

Cheers
Drew
Owners manual says no. I do it all the time. I think the reason they say not to is that it's very easy to mess other things up. You get the jack too far forward and catch the driveshaft flange and cause a vibration. You get it too far back and you catch the differential cover and cause a leak. You have to really be careful exactly where you put the jack. In addition, there are some bosses/fins on the pumpkin, and getting direct pressure on one of those could crack it wide open.

As for dimples, I don't like women with dimples.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
somehow I knew it would be trouble mentioning dimples!

Jennifer Garner , Sandra Bullock yes.

As for jacking the car surely everyone doesnt have a lift in the garage.

cheers
Drew

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
somehow I knew it would be trouble mentioning dimples!

Jennifer Garner , Sandra Bullock yes.

As for jacking the car surely everyone doesnt have a lift in the garage.

cheers
Drew
Even with a lift I stilll have to jack up the car sometimes. When I do I use a small block of wood between the jack and the center of the rear housing .

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I never heard of Jennifer Garner, I have to go with Bullock.

What were we talking about again?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Sandra Bullock can help me work on my car anytime, as long as Co Pilot isn't around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts