Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and how is everyone? What a trip around the world I have had since selling the 500. In the interim I bought another car that I had been playing with that's currently still in storage. I'll be taking it back out hopefully within the month.

Long story short, yes I know I know I know, you guys said I was going to do this - I'm looking to get back into another GT500 soon (07 or 08). But, I want one with all the bells and whistles I had on mine but more.

Yes, I can't accept where I left off and want more in the next 500 (turn key that is). Kenne Belle, Whipple, etc...

Any offerers out there?

flipmo

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Welcome back, Flip! I knew you couldn't be Shelby-less for long. I'm sure you'll be able to find one to your liking soon.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Welcome back Flip. All the best on your next GT500 journey.

Can you provide details of your "other" car?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome back Flip. All the best on your next GT500 journey.

Can you provide details of your "other" car?
Thanks for the encouragement. I know the biggest challenge I will have is the "waiting game". I waited patiently looking for a built GT500 and got pissed off because I couldn't find one and just decided to buy new and bolt on what I wanted. But I did manage to pull 552RWHP/530RWTQ out of it.

So the next has to match those numbers plus some. But I will be patient. Hey, did 07 Shelby ever sale his car?

O.K., only because you asked I will let you know what's buried in the garage. I bought a 1987 Dutweiler Built Stage II Buick Grand National. Quickest e.t to date is 10.12 @ 133 @ 22lbs of boost. I'm getting ready to swap turbos again and going to a 76GTS and pulling the 74GTQ. I want to run better numbers with lower boost. Here are a few PICs.:boohoo:

Oh boy, now something tells me I all of a sudden just became the enemy. But, I just loved the feel of the GT500 as that thing was a beast on the highway. I already have ideas if I can just get into the right one.

flipmo

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement. I know the biggest challenge I will have is the "waiting game". I waited patiently looking for a built GT500 and got pissed off because I couldn't find one and just decided to buy new and bolt on what I wanted. But I did manage to pull 552RWHP/530RWTQ out of it.

So the next has to match those numbers plus some. But I will be patient. Hey, did 07 Shelby ever sale his car?

O.K., only because you asked I will let you know what's buried in the garage. I bought a 1987 Dutweiler Built Stage II Buick Grand National. Quickest e.t to date is 10.12 @ 133 @ 22lbs of boost. I'm getting ready to swap turbos again and going to a 76GTS and pulling the 74GTQ. I want to run better numbers with lower boost. Here are a few PICs.:boohoo:

Oh boy, now something tells me I all of a sudden just became the enemy. But, I just loved the feel of the GT500 as that thing was a beast on the highway. I already have ideas if I can just get into the right one.

flipmo
Welcome back Flip!:clap:

Fred ended up keeping his car.

That Grand National looks great.

I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. The cars that have the KB, and 3.4 Whipple are putting out some awesome numbers.

Good luck on your search.:bandit:

Cal

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to long for a GNX with the ceramic turbo impeller...fassssst.:ninja:
Your right there my friend. However, to acquire a GNX nowadays with low mileage, your going to spend $80K or better. They are out there but are extremely hard to find.

But, I'm keeping hope alive for a [email protected] GT500. And something about that alloy and tungsten color combo I like :roller: :roller: :simmadown:

flip

·
Registered
861 Posts
FLIP, FLIP, FLIP!!!!!!!

We have been wondering about you! Glad to see you back in action, don't be a stranger. It don't matter if you got a GN we won't :flame: you, we like fast cars. Can't wait til you get your next GT500 so we can hook up some time.

JJ

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Your right there my friend. However, to acquire a GNX nowadays with low mileage, your going to spend $80K or better. They are out there but are extremely hard to find.

But, I'm keeping hope alive for a [email protected] GT500. And something about that alloy and tungsten color combo I like :roller: :roller: :simmadown:

flip
I have alloy with silver...will that do? :cowtounge:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FLIP, FLIP, FLIP!!!!!!!

We have been wondering about you! Glad to see you back in action, don't be a stranger. It don't matter if you got a GN we won't :flame: you, we like fast cars. Can't wait til you get your next GT500 so we can hook up some time.

JJ
JJ, what's up big guy and how are you? Still representing Ohioans, right? What's the latest and greatest with that 500 of yours? Yeah man, I back on the prowl for a kick-butt 500 with all the bells and whistles.

Have you put any new numbers (dyno/1320) down on the car since we last talked?

flip

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE]

Yeah, that is close enough, but there's something about Tungsten, Tungsten, Tungsten that seems to make the car go faster.

Tungsten Gray makes you at least two-tenths of a second faster.:) :)

Believe me, Right?:thinkerg:

flip

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
QUOTE]

Yeah, that is close enough, but there's something about Tungsten, Tungsten, Tungsten that seems to make the car go faster.

Tungsten Gray makes you at least two-tenths of a second faster.:) :)

Believe me, Right?:thinkerg:

flip
I'm not going there anymore...we've had that discussion (laughing). :banana_hitit:

·
Registered
861 Posts
JJ, what's up big guy and how are you? Still representing Ohioans, right? What's the latest and greatest with that 500 of yours? Yeah man, I back on the prowl for a kick-butt 500 with all the bells and whistles.

Have you put any new numbers (dyno/1320) down on the car since we last talked?

flip
I just got some parts in this week. tires/uca/lca and 4.10's

I have the tires on still need to put the rest on. I haven't been back to the track yet. I am going to the track may 3rd but it is only and 1/8 mile. look at this thread.

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1829

JJ

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just got some parts in this week. tires/uca/lca and 4.10's

I have the tires on still need to put the rest on. I haven't been back to the track yet. I am going to the track may 3rd but it is only and 1/8 mile. look at this thread.

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1829

JJ
Somebody's been to the store. Those are some sweet goodies you have there my man! JJ, let's just say that you can definitely expect your e.t. to go down and gain a couple of tenths out of the deal.

Just remember, no "Granny Shifting" and pedal to the medal with "Quick Shifts". The thing I hate the most is hearing someone on the track actually taking the time to shift the gears granny like hearing the RPMs fall through the shifts. Defeats the whole purpose of dragging.:fight:

Can't wait for the numbers - Good Luck

flip

1 - 19 of 19 Posts