Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
Went well with the 3D printed accessories. One problem with the oil fill red piece. With the oil separator installed, it will not mount.

11.5 quarts. Only 10 pictured. View attachment 253335
Contact @PilotGore there was an extension he was working on for the filler. Ford stopped installing the extension piece and it threw everything off.

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
Thanks for tagging me and bringing this to my attention. PM sent.

How did the oil filter guide work out for you?
I did my oil change Saturday and everything worked perfectly!

·
Premium Member
2022 GT500 HE
447 Posts

·
Registered
2022 HE CFTP
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for tagging me and bringing this to my attention. PM sent.

How did the oil filter guide work out for you?
Awesome. No oil anywhere except down the guide and into the catch basin. Great piece of kit.
I’m going to order the fill hole extension from Ford. When I ordered the filler piece, the 5.2 had the extension.
My 2022 does not.
Forgot to mention I used my Ford Pass rewards points so total cost was $0.00. I still have enough points left the next one will be free also. I had points from another purchase hanging around.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Awesome. No oil anywhere except down the guide and into the catch basin. Great piece of kit.
I’m going to order the fill hole extension from Ford. When I ordered the filler piece, the 5.2 had the extension.
My 2022 does not.
Forgot to mention I used my Ford Pass rewards points so total cost was $0.00. I still have enough points left the next one will be free also. I had points from another purchase hanging around.
Looks like I need to get one of these as well. I wont be changing until the spring time. So the Ford filler piece will allow the @PilotGore goods to work?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
52,809 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
Looks like I need to get one of these as well. I wont be changing until the spring time. So the Ford filler piece will allow the @PilotGore goods to work?
Curt if you haven’t already check with John I know he was working on an extension for his setup.

Reactions: GTabusa

·
Premium Member
2022 GT500 HE
447 Posts
Did my first oil change on my 2022 GT500 yesterday. The car has 1340 miles and I’m going to put it away for the winter. First thing was lifting the car on my Quickjack 5000. The lift works great but the pinch weld pucks I use can wobble a bit on the rubber blocks when used with the jack. They just are not secure enough to inspire confidence. After messing around a bit I took the pucks off and just used the rubber blocks. While not ideal on the pinch welds the car did feel more stable. While the car was sitting in the air I went into the house and ordered the Steeda full length jacking rails (on sale) for future use. The oil change went well although it took a few tries to find the right socket to use on the filter housing. I found a 6 point 1-1/16” impact socked fit fine. Also a big shout out to @PilotGore for the oil fill funnel and oil filter funnel. Not a drop of oil spilled on the underbody! I did get to use the prototype oil funnel he sent me as my 2022 did not come with the filler extension and the original funnel would not go on due to hitting the oil separator. I still have the old funnel and had also purchased the filler extension. Sometime soon I’ll cut open the used filter and check for metal from the engine break-in. My funnels…
Material property Font Pattern Fashion accessory Carmine

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
11,985 Posts
I did my oil change Saturday and everything worked perfectly!
I have PilotGore's drain for my GT350. My SVT technician loves it cause I've stopped bitching about oil spots on my garage floor after an oil change! Also he posted that he will not be taking new orders until January, 2023 as he has some activities in his daily life for the rest of the year that prohibit him from producing them.

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
  • Helpful
Reactions: Goose17 and JR369

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
If you want to send your oil in for testing the site below will send you a kit free. It’s $35 for testing. @Evolvd turned me onto the company.

·
Registered
2022 GT500
10 Posts
Did my 1st oil change at 1k miles. I don't suggest anyone go past 1k miles very much. A lot of metal flakes that need to get out of there.

View attachment 255001

View attachment 255003
You could drive on the race ramps just fine and had enough room? Looks like a great way for us regular folk to crawl around on the garage floor. At least until Goose starts an only fans and I can use his garage. “Insert joke about goose selling pictures of his feet on the internet”.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Iconic
223 Posts
You could drive on the race ramps just fine and had enough room? Looks like a great way for us regular folk to crawl around on the garage floor. At least until Goose starts an only fans and I can use his garage. “Insert joke about goose selling pictures of his feet on the internet”.
Oh ya no problem for me under there at a wide 6 ft 210 lbs. The Race Ramps are the 72 inch long 8 inch tall ones. The angle of the pic is a little deceiving on the length. The non-CFTP optioned GT500's will have zero problem on the ramp ascent. My R which sat pretty low but not as low a CFTP option GT500 was close but did not touch. So I do not believe they will have an issue either. Been using those Race Ramps since 2016. They were significantly cheaper back then too. Lol.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
52,809 Posts
You can lays put a piece of wood prior to ramps that are a bit too low. It will step the car up close to a couple inches.

Reactions: PilotGore

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did my first oil change on my 2022 GT500 yesterday. The car has 1340 miles and I’m going to put it away for the winter. First thing was lifting the car on my Quickjack 5000. The lift works great but the pinch weld pucks I use can wobble a bit on the rubber blocks when used with the jack. They just are not secure enough to inspire confidence. After messing around a bit I took the pucks off and just used the rubber blocks. While not ideal on the pinch welds the car did feel more stable. While the car was sitting in the air I went into the house and ordered the Steeda full length jacking rails (on sale) for future use. The oil change went well although it took a few tries to find the right socket to use on the filter housing. I found a 6 point 1-1/16” impact socked fit fine. Also a big shout out to @PilotGore for the oil fill funnel and oil filter funnel. Not a drop of oil spilled on the underbody! I did get to use the prototype oil funnel he sent me as my 2022 did not come with the filler extension and the original funnel would not go on due to hitting the oil separator. I still have the old funnel and had also purchased the filler extension. Sometime soon I’ll cut open the used filter and check for metal from the engine break-in. My funnels…
View attachment 254790
Awesome, I’m glad it worked out for you! You have the one and only prototype of the big Johnson model. Enjoy :)

For anyone else interested in oil change gear, I’ve suspended production until 1/1/23 until I finish moving houses and get the printers back online. Feel free to reach out starting on or after Jan 1. Thanks for your patience!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts