Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,633 Posts
I saw that this past weekend. Amazing how coveted and valuable those cars are.

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,322 Posts
It'll be interesting to see if that trend persists. I can't imagine it staying at that high a level, but you never know.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,349 Posts
Besides the price, I noticed it had less than 30 miles on it.
Wasn't it Ford's plan to put these cars in the hands of people WHO WOULD DRIVE THEM !!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Besides the price, I noticed it had less than 30 miles on it.
Wasn't it Ford's plan to put these cars in the hands of people WHO WOULD DRIVE THEM !!
Well, Ford can’t make people drive them. Ford’s only requirement was you couldn’t sell it (flip) for awhile.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
That was a factor in their consideration along with social media influencing capabilities. There were certainly owners who were chosen due to their personal relationship with Ford and Ford products who weren't subjected to that level of scrutiny.

·
Premium Member
7,978 Posts
That was a factor in their consideration along with social media influencing capabilities. There were certainly owners who were chosen due to their personal relationship with Ford and Ford products who weren't subjected to that level of scrutiny.
..... as the world turns ...... :)

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,434 Posts
I think, unfortunately, that the majority of the people who buy the new Ford GT see them as a financial investment, and not a car to drive. The previous iteration of the GT40 is an example of how these cars increased in value over a short period of time. I think the current model will do the same.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My point was if Ford had sold them to " regular " people, they would have been driven..
“Regular people” can’t afford them.

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts
1. I do not believe that kind of value will persist going forward, but I do think that they'll likely sell for a profit compared to MSRP... The question is, where exactly will they settle.. I dunno.. I think they'll settle into the $700K-$800K range for in-the-wrapper examples that have under 100 miles, and $600K-$700K for under 1,000 miles, and $550K-$600K for 1,000-5,000 miles. I don't think that many will have higher miles. We'll see.

2. I've seen and heard of so many stories where original owners are indeed driving and enjoying the cars.. There will ALWAYS be a certain percentage of owners who don't, and there will always be an absurd debate going on regarding "how much" driving is "enough" driving... Which is moronic IMHO.. Most buyers of half-million dollar cars have multiple cars, and if they manage to put 1,000 miles per-year on their Ford GT, well, that's pretty damn good dedication. I'd call that enjoying the car. There are plenty of new GT500's purchased that also never get driven much. Big deal... There's enough to go around.

3. BJ always seems to have the loonies in the crowd. Plenty of dough to burn, not much patience, and not much awareness that there are actually other good/fine/respected auction companies out there.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
2. I've seen and heard of so many stories where original owners are indeed driving and enjoying the cars.. There will ALWAYS be a certain percentage of owners who don't, and there will always be an absurd debate going on regarding "how much" driving is "enough" driving... Which is moronic IMHO.. Most buyers of half-million dollar cars have multiple cars, and if they manage to put 1,000 miles per-year on their Ford GT, well, that's pretty damn good dedication. I'd call that enjoying the car. There are plenty of new GT500's purchased that also never get driven much. Big deal... There's enough to go around.
To this point, a buddy of mine has 5 cars in his "collection". He tries to drive each of them about 1 month of the summer a year from roughly May to October. As much as we hound him for not driving them enough, he does get them out for a combined 5,000 to 6,000 kms / year, + /- . (3 to 5k miles), which means, on average, 1000 miles each. Some he will do more on...depending. He can't really drive them for work (image), so he has to carve out that time. Its a good problem to have, but he actually does try to drive them. Unless you're retired or not working, it is tough to make that time.

I put A LOT of time aside this year for the bike at the expense of the car. I'm up to 4,400 kms on the bike and only about 1,200kms on the car. I can't do more that that - as non DD's - without giving up time on other things.

Anyhow,GT.....gorgeous car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts