Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If you really must be the first kid on the block to own the new 2007 Mustang Shelby GT500, Ford Motor Company and Barrett-Jackson, the Arizona auction folks, have a solution.

Ford will auction the right to purchase the first Shelby GT500 coupe at the Barrett-Jackson event in mid-January in Scottsdale. Proceeds from the no-reserve sale will go to the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation, and Shelby himself will personally greet the winning bidder at the auction on January 21.

The GT500, which goes into production later in the spring, gets an upgraded suspension and cabin and is powered by a 475-horsepower supercharged 5.4-liter V8 derived from the Ford GT. The first production car should be delivered in June.

Shelby is the oldest and longest-living double-organ recipient. He received a heart in 1990, and his son Mike donated a kidney to him in 1996. He created the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation in October 1991 to provide financial assistance for acute coronary and kidney care for young people.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Shelby is the oldest and longest-living double-organ recipient. He received a heart in 1990, and his son Mike donated a kidney to him in 1996. He created the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation in October 1991 to provide financial assistance for acute coronary and kidney care for young people.

Jay,

I knew that Carrol had a couple transplants, but I did not know the dates or the details. Thanks for the info.

Rob

·
Registered
98 Posts

Jay,

I knew that Carrol had a couple transplants, but I did not know the dates or the details. Thanks for the info.

Rob
It's official. Grabber is bored. He is researching some of the "original" posts on the site. :rocker:

HSURB

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Well,

I thought that since there were 3,750 views on this thread, but not a single reply...that I would reply. I was serious about what I posted.

However, I am kind of bored.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

Jay,

Rob
See Rob this is just another example of how this site excels over all other GT500 sites out there.:)

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
:popblood:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts