Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first Shelby to show up on the Canadian locator is a Vista Blue coupe going to a dealer in St Johns Newfoundland. Some lucky SOB will be driving his new car soon.

Sofa King

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Sofa King said:
The first Shelby to show up on the Canadian locator is a Vista Blue coupe going to a dealer in St Johns Newfoundland. Some lucky SOB will be driving his new car soon.

Sofa King

It is about time you guys get 1,eh.There have been a few made I have seen them for about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Sofa King said:

Sofa King
Hey, Sofa King,

I just read back over your posts and see you are a dealer, or at least at a dealership! Are you going to be trying to get a Shelby of your own at some point, or just trying to help your customers that have asked you for one?

Whatever the case, I hope it works out the way you want. I have one coming, should be here sometime next week. At least I know it has actually shipped this go around! I had several false alarms!

When I was in the Navy back in 1970, I was on a submarine being overhauled out in Washington State. One day my brother and I (he isn't really my brother, but we should have been because we are so close!) rode into Canada and visited Vancouver. It was a fun ride, but it was after dark when we got there and we turned right around and came back home! So, My Canandian experience was pretty lacking! I have been close over on the East coast having spent lots of time in the New England states for the Navy, but never tried to get across the border again. My loss!

Have a great weekend and I look forward to you postings!

Smitty

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to have one for myself, but have three serious buyers that I would like to look after. All Shelbys in Canada are sold through SVT dealers. We aren't SVT so won't even get one this year. Maybe we will be lucky in the 2008 model year.

I have been in the car business almost forever, (sold my first new car in 1969) and very few cars in the last 40+ years have peaked my interest like the Shelby.

I have a '73 Nova SS that I bought new in 1973, so in order for me to make room for another car in the stable, I would probably have to part with the Nova and I don't think that will happen.

I will just have to be envious of you guys that get to have one, and hope that I will get the chance to take one for a burn some day.

Sofa King

·
Registered
888 Posts
Oh, man that Nova SS is a sweet little car! I remember them well! I'd be hard pressed to get rid of anything that I have had for 33 years! In '73 I traded my '68 Road Runner for a VW Super Beetle! Four days later I got my first speeding ticket! Good Grief!

I like your attitude toward your customers! Placing their desires first is very admirable! I hope your situation changes eventually where you can deliver to your customers and still have an opportunity to get one for yourself. Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
171 Posts
+Oldimp, I just read your reply to our Canadian bro and see where you were in the Navy. I spent 5 years in New London (1969 to 1974) first in school ,then stationed on the base then on the Fulton. What were you on, and when were you up there. I worked on a few of the subs weapons systems. I had a 1966 fairlane with a 427 side oiler in it that I bought from a chief on the base that had a part ownership in a speed shop there in Groton. There was nothing in Conn. that could touch it . I only paid $1400.00 for it and it was set up with headers, roller cam, 1050 cfm 3 barrel and was set up for the strip. I wish I had been smart enough to keep it , but I got married and the wife didn't think it was a good car for kids after she got pregnant. I hope you get your car soon.

·
Registered
171 Posts
+Oldimp, I just read your reply to our Canadian bro and see where you were in the Navy. I spent 5 years in New London (1969 to 1974) first in school ,then stationed on the base then on the Fulton. What were you on, and when were you up there. I worked on a few of the subs weapons systems. I had a 1966 fairlane with a 427 side oiler in it that I bought from a chief on the base that had a part ownership in a speed shop there in Groton. There was nothing in Conn. that could touch it . I only paid $1400.00 for it and it was set up with headers, roller cam, 1050 cfm 3 barrel and was set up for the strip. I wish I had been smart enough to keep it , but I got married and the wife didn't think it was a good car for kids after she got pregnant. I hope you get your car soon.

·
Registered
888 Posts
dsabldvt said:
I went to sub school and advanced sub school (auxiliary equipment package) in 1971. From there I went to the Lewis & Clark (SSBN 644). I got out of the Navy in 1975 and started working at the Charleston Naval Shipyard in 1976. After nine years I went to NAVELEX, which changed its name to NISE East for a spell and finally SPAWARSYSCEN Charleston. My traveling job was to standardize RADIAC calibrators on board Navy tenders (including the Fulton), shipyards and repair facilities. I retired back in 2004 and after a five-week vacation returned as a government contractor doing the same job I left. After a few months I was able to transfer to the Test & Evaluation Center where I have been since.
I had a 950 CFM 3-bbl on my Road Runner! And one of the best cars I ever had the pleasure to ride in was a '68 Barracuda 340 owned by a classmate at sub school who was from Kansas! I loved that car! I guess I might have even seen your Fairlane! I have fond memories of Groton and New London! I think my Shelby will be here next week, but you never know!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sofa King said:

Sofa King
Sofa King,

I have already seen a Grabber Orange Convertable at a dealership in Windsor. It was delivered there on the 17th of July.

JD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts