Registered
2,466 Posts
Congrats, Brad. Now get off this board and drive it! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got in from cruising.
I got caught in the rain though. I guess I will be washing it tomorrow.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Brad, congratulations. You are going to love it. I picked mine up last week - black coupe with white striping. The black convertible looks great.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Picked my Shelby up at 3:00 pm today.
No more just looking at pictures everyday.
I have attached a picture.

Congrats! Watch out for water spots on that black. Have a few pointers if you get them.. First time I washed my Shelby It wanted to water spot real bad. Found a cure.. Very hard water here.

OH, mine is black with white stripes lower as upper delete.

·
Registered
5 Posts
you stole mine! That is the exact car I want, and living in Michigan, miles from where they build them, can't come close to getting one, nor ordering one. On several lists... any one out there doing favors on getting orders, please!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody, I love the black on black as well. Sorry I stole yours dans500:)

You can try and catch me if you can:)

I love the white stripes on the coupe, that is exactlly what I would have done if I had got a coupe.

GT500Convert, I have noticed some water spots, I also notice how dusty I got today after a full days drive. I've got my hands full keeping this puppy clean.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Congrats! Watch out for water spots on that black. Have a few pointers if you get them.. First time I washed my Shelby It wanted to water spot real bad. Found a cure.. Very hard water here.

OH, mine is black with white stripes lower as upper delete.
What's your cure for the spots? VERY hard water here on the gulf coast. :mad:

·
Registered
168 Posts
The city I live in softens the water so I didn't notice spots on the car after I washed it. I do know trying to keep a black car looking nice and shiny will take some work.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Make sure you wash it in the shade when the body is cool. Dry it...and dry it FAST. :D

If you get some spots, a clay bar should take them off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested in getting a GT500, but I am sure I missed the boat on the 07. With the dealer mark up, what price range are we talking about??? For either the convertible or coupe.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The Mothers Clay bar kits works awesome even on a black car. Once the spots were 100% removed including on the glass I put on some Meguires tech wax. now no more spotting! A must for at least a Black car is to use the 3M or Meguires polishing cloths and use a FOAM only applicator pad for wax.

Also use rainx on glass and they will no longer spot

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'm partial to Zaino products. It's a bit expensive, but I think well worth it. A quick pass with the clay bar, then 3 or 4 coats of wax. Amazing stuff.

My Dodge Ram has really swirled paint from a botched detail job (I won't go into that horror story). So bad, I was tempted to have it repainted. I used Zaino Z-5 for swirl removal. After 4 coats, the paint looks like new. I was stunned. 1 ounce did my whole truck, and removing the wax is almost as easy as drying the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts