·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
462 Posts
That does look cool. I saw one at the Birthday Bash from Shelby that looked really good too.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it worked with the FFRP CAI? I could have sworn I read that somewhere?:confused:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Nice looking engine compartment you've got there Elite. Good to know it fits as I will have the FRPP CAI after the TVS install.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just installed it on mine this past weekend... Looks great.. That's what it should have come with from the factory. I will be getting the Ford Cai in the next few weeks and wanted something to compliment it. And with all the tests that Justin at MVP did the Ford came in the same with all the others with a custom tune..just my$.02

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it's just a simple unbolt & rebolt?

·
Registered
861 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yep took all of 3 minutes...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Time out guys, it WILL NOT fit over the JLT CAI no matter how much you try to shim it. There was a guy on SU that cut and rewelded his FRPP brace to get it to work with the JLT CAI, looked like a ton of work and possibly jeopardized the strength of the brace...

But there is a way to fit it with the JLT CAI w/o cutting and rewelding it, install the Prothane "bullit" motor mounts with a 1/2-inch drop (available from EVO) and it will fit over the JLT CAI with 3/8-inch of clearance. I switched to the Prothane mounts with 1/2-inch drop when I did my headers and also got the added clearance to fit the FRPP brace w/o any shims.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Time out guys, it WILL NOT fit over the JLT CAI no matter how much you try to shim it. There was a guy on SU that cut and rewelded his FRPP brace to get it to work with the JLT CAI, looked like a ton of work and possibly jeopardized the strength of the brace...

But there is a way to fit it with the JLT CAI w/o cutting and rewelding it, install the Prothane "bullit" motor mounts with a 1/2-inch drop (available from EVO) and it will fit over the JLT CAI with 3/8-inch of clearance. I switched to the Prothane mounts with 1/2-inch drop when I did my headers and also got the added clearance to fit the FRPP brace w/o any shims.
I'm the guy who cut and welded it.:D

I only cut and grinded on the small leg, I did not modify the main bar. It works fine and I now have plenty of room.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm the guy who cut and welded it.:D

I only cut and grinded on the small leg, I did not modify the main bar. It works fine and I now have plenty of room.
Ha, there you go...Small community we "enthusiasts" are. I had forgotten you only cut and rewelded the rear leg, that's shouldn't affect the overall strength of the brace.

I considered going the cut and weld route but realized the lowered motor mounts would get it to fit and provide several other benifits as well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Or just go with the FRPP CAI and you should be home free...Just my $.02

·
Registered
861 Posts
or use the stock rubber piecewith JLT. don't use the carbon fiber piece....that should work.
JJ

1 - 16 of 16 Posts